Red Cone and Webster Pass Videos

Petzl88

We have been up Red Cone and down Webster Pass a couple times this season. I think they are the "best view" trails close to Denver. The views are awesome! I put together a Go Pro compilation of the last time we went and here it is.

It took me forever to edit this video, mainly because there are no obstacles, it all kind of looks the same so it was extremely boring to make! But for those who are thinking about doing these trails this year, I would get out and run them because they are awesome and winter will be here before we know it! The aspens are already starting to turn in the high country.

https://youtu.be/qYTMBdGEZWs
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473697092.382137.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473697111.385022.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473697143.104260.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473697155.070295.jpg

Last edited:

Petzl88

It is not anywhere as bad as traildamage or the Wells book says! 4 low and 1st gear and it's easy.

8POUND

Great video. Looked like a great time. The views looked awesome. Looks like a plan for the weekend.

Petzl88

This is scary because sitting on the summit, you cant see the trail at all. It just disappears behind the hood. Not until the front tires creep over the edge can you see where you should be going. Love it! Easily my favorite trail.

Totally creepy! We ran it a couple of weeks before this and it was in the rain/fog. I was the leader pulling up to the top of Red Cone and I was spooked bad. And then pulling off of the summit to descend Red Cone? Wow. It was all foggy and you couldn't see over the hood of the Jeep!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473701072.720358.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473701082.939183.jpg

8POUND

Tap the 3 dots, in the upper right hand corner. Tap Web View, then tap the YT link. That's how I got it to work.

GraniteCrystal

Tap the 3 dots, in the upper right hand corner. Tap Web View, then tap the YT link. That's how I got it to work.

That worked. Thanks!

Awesome video. Thanks for putting this up. I got the need...the need for offroading. So badly want to do these trails before summer ends. How long did it take to run them?

303jkpatriot

Those are both some of my favorite trails within reasonable distance to Denver! We ran them two weeks ago. My buddy Ran Redcone yesterday and ran into a totaled JKUR in the parking lot on a trailer, he heard they rolled off Webster.

20160903_090807.jpg

Petzl88

That worked. Thanks!

Awesome video. Thanks for putting this up. I got the need...the need for offroading. So badly want to do these trails before summer ends. How long did it take to run them?

You bet! You need to get out there and run them. There is one little rock obstacle in the trees that you might need a spot on, but other than that they are easy. Just don't be in la la land or be texting and driving and you will be ok. They are not as bad as traildamage makes them. Go for it!!!! Think of it this way: now or next August!!!

Petzl88

Those are both some of my favorite trails within reasonable distance to Denver! We ran them two weeks ago. My buddy Ran Redcone yesterday and ran into a totaled JKUR in the parking lot on a trailer, he heard they rolled off Webster.

View attachment 222474

They are awesome trails. I didn't go over and hit Radical Hill but I will do it before the snow flies for sure!!!

That is crazy. I can see how you can roll off Webster but really? All you have to do is pay attention right?

boardsurfer

That worked. Thanks!

Red Cone alone 3-4 hours? If you add Radical Hill, that makes for a pretty full day - although last time we ran it, we had 2 breakdowns and a fairly lengthy lunch break.

Top Bottom