Thread: Running light trouble

Knows a Thing or Two JKU EXTREME's Avatar

Running light trouble

Okay, so I'm having trouble with my running lights in the front, but more importantly the rear. I have checked all the fuses, and replaced the ones that needed replacing. The reverse lights work and so do the brake lights, but the daytime running lights do not work at all. I installed some aftermarket backup lights, hard wired to the existing reverse light wires. I have even disconnected them to see if that would help, it didn't. I'm not a huge wiring guy or anything of the sort, so if someone could assist me that would be great.
    2013 JKU
    Thanks

Do they work if it's not set on 'auto' mode? So if you manually turn on the headlights and tail lights, do they work then?
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Do they work if it's not set on 'auto' mode? So if you manually turn on the headlights and tail lights, do they work then?
    'Auto' mode?
    They don't come on at all

Quote Originally Posted by JKU EXTREME View Post
    'Auto' mode?
    They don't come on at all
    I was asking if you can manually turn them on or if there is an 'auto' mode where they turn themselves on only after dark. Either way, it's sounding like an issue with the multi-function switch as you said the fuses are good. If all 4 corners aren't illuminating......

You could use a test light and check for power at each bulb or power before and after fuse and see where the problem lies. It's time consuming though.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

It can be the bulb. The rear has dual filament one for the running lights and one for when you press the brakes. One of the filament burnt out. Change the light bulbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerk93 View Post
    It can be the bulb. The rear has dual filament one for the running lights and one for when you press the brakes. One of the filament burnt out. Change the light bulbs.
    I changed the bulbs a while back but then the both lights went out. I'm going to go by the dealership to see if it's not under warranty

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by JKU EXTREME View Post
    I changed the bulbs a while back but then the both lights went out. I'm going to go by the dealership to see if it's not under warranty
    Do your running lights work when you take out the new lights that you put on? You have to be careful with adding another load onto an existing circuit, especially with LEDs. I had this same problem with I bought a JKS LED license plate bracket. The directions said to tap into the rear tail light and it screwed everything up. Luckily, my dealership was cool and fixed it under warranty.