Coffee Drinkers & Bean Grinders

Ddays

Hooked
Few years ago on a whim I bought a $25 coffee grinder and a bag of whole bean coffee and since then have never gone back to the pre-ground stuff. No offense, but you cannot beat a cup of fresh ground, fresh brewed coffee in the morning at the crack of dawn. There are a lot of "craft-roasters" if you will out there making some kick-ass coffee. Whats your favorite brand of whole beans? These are 4 of mine:

dw.jpg

fairtrade_1lb_454_horsepower_bag.jpg

BEYOND_BLACK_grande.png

MURDERED_OUT_2_grande.png

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I loved freshly ground coffee. However I have been using my Keurig lately. I might have to pick some beans up here in Colorado. There are some local coffee shops that have excellent coffee. Might have to try their beans. Are those local Jerry?

r2fasani

Coffee Drinkers & Bean Grinders

I'm a fan of Intelligensia, Verve, and Temple. I had the Honey Badger from Intelligensia as an espresso last year and it was amazing.

My brother in law bought a roaster for his last deployment and learned to roast his own beans. Sweet Maria's out of Oakland sells green beans that you roast yourself. Nothing better than super freshly roasted beans ground perfectly to match the brew method.

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
I loved freshly ground coffee. However I have been using my Keurig lately. I might have to pick some beans up here in Colorado. There are some local coffee shops that have excellent coffee. Might have to try their beans. Are those local Jerry?

Hey Pete! Black Rifle is out of SLC Utah, kicking Horse is out of British Columbia, and Death Wish is out of New York state.

Death wish is AMAZING! Make sure you try Bitch Slap and Napalm as well!

I will check those out. I will forever remember my shitty ass trip to Utah this Spring during that fucking snowstorm because I brewed a thermos of Death Wish and took a pound of ground beans with me. I put the ground up beans in my console and smelled them the whole way out there! LOL, won't stop me from drinking it!

I don't know but I love the smell of it in the morning! [emoji6]

I think that is half the allure to grinding them fresh. The aroma is just killer! I have to say, I look forward to waking up every morning so I can grind & brew a fresh pot first thing.

bthomas

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that's looking forward to that 1st cup of coffee before I even fall asleep at night!

Exodus 4x4

Our house is a block away from Texas Coffee Traders and every day the smell of roasted coffee hangs in the air. It's one of the few things I'm going to miss about living in Austin. They make damn fine coffee, the Nicaragua blend is one of my favorites.

Ddays

Hooked
I drink a ton of coffee, but I've never considered grinding beans.

Do yourself a huge favor and get a cheap blade grinder at Kohl's or someplace similar ($25 or so) and get a small bag of whatever blend beans you like at the grocery store. I promise you will not want to go back to pre-ground coffee.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I have a Kitchen Aid grinder, my ex-wife bought me. I like it dark. Starbucks Italian Roast is good, but the CEO of Starbucks is a dick. I brought some whole bean dark roast from Hawaii, once. It wasn't a blend, but pure Kona coffee, and it was great! I've seen Black Rifle Coffee on Instagram, and would like to try that.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Love whole bean, Black Rifle Company.

BB - Beyond Black
BTB -Better than a Blowjob
AK-47

Mic drops.....

Ddays

Hooked
I have a Kitchen Aid grinder, my ex-wife bought me. I like it dark. Starbucks Italian Roast is good, but the CEO of Starbucks is a dick. I brought some whole bean dark roast from Hawaii, once. It wasn't a blend, but pure Kona coffee, and it was great! I've seen Black Rifle Coffee on Instagram, and would like to try that.

Another good dark roast is Major Dickason's Blend by Peet's. If you have a Costco near you they have it there. The Starbucks French Roast is good too. BRCC is a little pricey but good!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
No way that I could do that (grind beans) in the morning! I roll in with the shleps; up at 5:00am, quick shower, grab my lunch that was prepared the night before and my automatic brewed coffee and out the door so I have the shop open before 6:00am. I do appreciate good coffee and get my beans weekly from a local coffee roaster, Colectivo. My favorite is Voltaire and I have them grind the pound for me and then I refrigerate in a sealed container.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473991925.039246.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Another good dark roast is Major Dickason's Blend by Peet's. If you have a Costco near you they have it there. The Starbucks French Roast is good too. BRCC is a little pricey but good!

We're getting a Costco. I'll have to try it.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I am a HUGE fan of whole bean coffee. Has Kyle7R found this thread yet?!

Currently I'm drinking Ruta Maya Dark Roast (Austin, Texas) but my all time favorite is pretty much any brew from Third Coast Roasters (also from Austin) every time I'm in town I always try to pick up a few pounds. :yep: there are a few Roasters local here in houston, but location and hours have yet to be convenient... Infact, so much so with traffic, getting coffee from Austin is actually less troublesome... :crazy:

One of the few kitchen appliances I can not live without is my Breville. It grinds the beans, drip brew or can set a steep... and it makes EXACTLY the same cup each day as long as you don't change anything. I set it up each time I change beans, tweak it out for the first few pots, then we are rocking and rolling until we change beans/roast again.
:thumb:

Attachments

• 1473993239402.jpg
    1473993239402.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 206
  • 1473993503693.jpg
    1473993503693.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Top Bottom