Daystar winch mount for renegade

Alandude58

Got my Daystar winch mount for my Trailhawk, now I need to pick out a winch. I have it narrowed down to a,
1-Smittybuilt WR. 9.5
2-Milemarker PE 5000
3-Superwinch Terra 45
All with synthetic line of course. I see in Europe they use a Warn 4500 and was looking to hang as little weight out front. I'm not looking to go mudding just trail riding. Anybody mount a utv winch on this bumper???

WJCO

Meme King
Congrats on the mount. Save the money and buy a Warn. There are several threads on this. Someone just the other day posted about having another brand and it didn't work when needed. Post some pics when you get the new mount on.

Kalums

A lot of guys on here(myself included) have not been to impressed with smittybuilt's customer service or honesty most of us will advise against buying anything from them because it's all really cheaply made and if it breaks you've got an uphill battle to get any kind of warranty repair or replacement, Warn winches in particular are very well made and if you ever have a problem Warn is very good about warranty work. When my old warn on my 76 wagoneer broke they prorated it and sent me a new solenoid, at the time the winch was easily 15 years old. That is what a real honest company would do. In my experience Smittybuilt will fight you tooth and nail and blame whatever kind of failure happens on you so it will be your problem, they just don't seem to care after they take your initial $$.

Top Bottom