Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Selecting a Mig welder.

Selecting a Mig welder.

I was wondering if anyone could point out some examples of popular Mig welder models
    used in shops to weld brackets/cages etc.

Thanks.

Lincoln is the way to go. I settled for a Blue Hawk MIG. Does the job but wish I would've invested in a REAL welder.

Most SHOPS around here run Miller's. If you are looking to pick something up, I would go for a Lincoln, Miller, or Hobart. And definately over 180 amps if you want to do anything structural (220 volt).

Knows a Thing or Two QuicksilverJK's Avatar
    Miller for professional/ Hobart or Lincoln for home use. (Hobart is Miller with a few less bells and whistles) As said above, stick with a 220v. I have never met someone with a 110 that didn't wish they had more power at one time or another.

I have 220V ready to go. Miller does seem very popular.

I'm looking at the "Millermatic 211". I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link. What do you guys think of the specs ? Or save up for 212 which is like 600$ more ? I was hoping to be completely set up for under 1500$usd.

Nothing but a Thing NecessaryEvil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Wolf View Post
    I have 220V ready to go. Miller does seem very popular.

I'm looking at the "Millermatic 211". I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link. What do you guys think of the specs ? Or save up for 212 which is like 600$ more ? I was hoping to be completely set up for under 1500$usd.
    I own the Miller 211 and am very happy with it. I have used it on many of my build projects, including my bumper. You would not be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by NecessaryEvil View Post
    I own the Miller 211 and am very happy with it. I have used it on many of my build projects, including my bumper. You would not be disappointed.
    Great to hear!

Do you have a picture of your bumper by any chance ? Sounds interesting.

Every body shop I've ever worked in had either or both Lincoln and Miller. I prefer Lincoln the feed is much smoother.
    Live life to the fullest. 2011 wrangler 3.8

Been Around the Block Heavyhaul07's Avatar
    I prefer Miller over them all. I have a Miller 210. Love it

Fresh Catch
    Miller 211 is a great machine.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast