Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 74

Thread: Selecting a Mig welder.

  1. #61
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcale View Post
    Any recommendations on one that will run dual voltage? I have a regular wall socket at my apartments garage but when I do get a house I will put in a 220v plug.

    Was looking at this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Hobart-500553...art+mig+welder
    This is the welder I use. Very nice for the price. I've never ran it off 110v, so I can't comment there. Our latest project, off-road teardrop trailer in the makings:IMG_0873.JPGIMG_0860.JPG



    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #62
    Caught the Bug drty6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Winnsboro Tx
    Posts
    73
    ESAB makes one looks just like the dewalt


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #63
    Been Around the Block 5280Sapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Peyton, Colorado
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by drty6 View Post
    ESAB makes one looks just like the dewalt


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

    I just ordered a ESAB Rebel 235ic!!!!

  4. #64
    Nothing but a Thing Judesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    San antonio
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by 5280Sapper View Post
    I just ordered a ESAB Rebel 235ic!!!!
    Congrats! Interested to see a review on it when you get it.

  5. #65
    Been Around the Block 5280Sapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Peyton, Colorado
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by Judesign View Post
    Congrats! Interested to see a review on it when you get it.

    should be a killer machine... does all I'll ever need to build 1/2" plate!

  6. #66
    Nothing but a Thing Judesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    San antonio
    Posts
    1,002
    It's crazy that one machine will do 110,230 mig tig and stick.

  7. #67
    Old Timer DWiggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,166
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcale View Post
    Any recommendations on one that will run dual voltage? I have a regular wall socket at my apartments garage but when I do get a house I will put in a 220v plug.

    Was looking at this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Hobart-500553...art+mig+welder
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I had considered getting this welder in the past. I see no reason why it wouldn't work well.
    I'm in the same boat as Wayoflife. I have considered getting this welder SEVERAL times in the past. I just need a bigger garage first. Everything I have heard & Read about the Hobart 210 MVP has been positive.

  8. #68
    That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Madison, MS
    Posts
    9,106
    I just picked up a Hobart Handler 140, for $469, online. Time to start burning & learning!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #69
    Nothing but a Thing jesse3638's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    2,439
    Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    I just picked up a Hobart Handler 140, for $469, online. Time to start burning & learning!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Its a lot of fun... Might I suggest welding tips and tricks on youtube. I've watched many of his vids and they are great.

  10. #70
    Old Timer DWiggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,166
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Might I suggest welding tips and tricks on youtube. I've watched many of his vids and they are great.
    I've been watching this guys channel for a LONG LONG time! GREAT stuff!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS