Gas in southeast

projectMMTB

Anyone else having trouble finding somewhere that has gas?
I'm on E and there's not a station close to my house that has gas lol.
A friend of mine told me he saw a place in Atlanta that had gas for almost $6.
I heard it's effecting other areas in the southeast badly also. Figured it would be interesting to know if anyone else is in the same boat as me!

thardy

Banned
Yeah it's all over. I haven't seen too many issues in the Alpharetta up towards Cumming areas as of yet. It's been a big topic of conversation throughout the company I work for since we're on the road all day.

projectMMTB

Yeah it's all over. I haven't seen too many issues in the Alpharetta up towards Cumming areas as of yet. It's been a big topic of conversation throughout the company I work for since we're on the road all day.

I was in cumming yesterday by 400 and I didn't see anything other than one gas station that was insanely crowded.
So it's probably out by now.
And there was nothing in johns creek which is near cumming.
My dad keeps bragging about how diesel dropped a little in price around our house and I can't even get gas.
A diesel jeep would be great right about now [emoji23]

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
I was in cumming yesterday by 400 and I didn't see anything other than one gas station that was insanely crowded.
So it's probably out by now.
And there was nothing in johns creek which is near cumming.
My dad keeps bragging about how diesel dropped a little in price around our house and I can't even get gas.
A diesel jeep would be great right about now [emoji23]

I just drove up hwy 9 to 141 and only one gas station was out. The Shell at Hwy9 and McFarland had gas as of an hour ago and wasn't too bad of a line. The kroger just north of there had some too.

projectMMTB

I just drove up hwy 9 to 141 and only one gas station was out. The Shell at Hwy9 and McFarland had gas as of an hour ago and wasn't too bad of a line. The kroger just north of there had some too.

If only I had enough gas to drive over to 141 I would.

Any idea when this all will be over ?

dchotrod

When people stop watching the freakin news & just buy gas like they normally do. I have a hard time believing this is the first time the pipe sprang a leak & was shut down, but yet folks up here are acting like the snowpocalypse hurriquake is coming!

thardy

Banned
When people stop watching the freakin news & just buy gas like they normally do. I have a hard time believing this is the first time the pipe sprang a leak & was shut down, but yet folks up here are acting like the snowpocalypse hurriquake is coming!

Wait, I DON'T need to stop and get gas at EVERY available gas station!? Shit!

trailless

Caught the Bug
I haven't seen a single gas station without gas around midtown and south Atlanta. Also, with the declared state of emergency we shouldn't see insane price hikes.

thardy

Banned
I haven't seen a single gas station without gas around midtown and south Atlanta. Also, with the declared state of emergency we shouldn't see insane price hikes.

Being that I'm on the road all day, it's been funny seeing how the suppliers are profiling what areas to keep fuel in. The money areas of Alpharetta, no issues at all, head towards Cumming and you start seeing them out. With South Atlanta being a transportation hub, doubt you'll see issues there, and I doubt you would in Midtown since most of the people in that area are gassing up before heading into town.

It just makes me laugh how the media has the ability to cause people to freak out like this.

Gravedigger11

I've got it worse. Phenix City,AL/Columbus, GA is getting hit hard. In a 1 mile stretch near where I live 5/6 gas stations are out of gas

Hodsden

Most of them over here in Woodstock are out except one Shell station. My jeep has 3/4 of a tank but no driveshaft so I might be taking gas from it. Lol

MattMc

What I think is odd is that the break happened on the 9th. But no one mentioned it until the 17th and all of the sudden it's gone full retard.

This has the potential to seriously affect the company I work for, which is a privately owned EMS service. The higher ups don't seem too worried.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
snowpocalypse hurriquake is coming! :cheesy::cheesy:

That is funny right there.

I agree, the media blows shit up. I can think of a town in Missouri where that happened a while back. We are all still suffering from that "story".

Now get that shit fixed. I fly back into Atlanta on saturday. At least the jeep was full when I left, i hope it still is. Rich people have gas, poor people dont. Hmmm.

Columbus/Phenix City = poor people. I guess I'm screwed when I get home. Maybe the Army will shut down. Isis take a vacation, we cant come out and play.

@chuck_slayton

I live in Anderson SC and we've had 6-8 stations outta gas for 3 days now! Did I mention there is a tank farm like 15 mins away but we can't get any gas! Don't make no sense

projectMMTB

snowpocalypse hurriquake is coming! :cheesy::cheesy:

That is funny right there.

I agree, the media blows shit up. I can think of a town in Missouri where that happened a while back. We are all still suffering from that "story".

Now get that shit fixed. I fly back into Atlanta on saturday. At least the jeep was full when I left, i hope it still is. Rich people have gas, poor people dont. Hmmm.

Columbus/Phenix City = poor people. I guess I'm screwed when I get home. Maybe the Army will shut down. Isis take a vacation, we cant come out and play.

Not really sure about the hole rich and poor thing. I do see where it could apply but I live 2 miles from a neighborhood in Suwanee ga that doesn't have a house under 2 million and there hasn't been any gas. Also suwanee is the 33rd best place to live in the country...
Although I did see one gas station this morning close by but was for $2.60 compared to $2.15 a week ago.
But I'm not really sure
Doesn't make any sense to me.

trailless

Caught the Bug
My business is located near the airport and a lot of gas stations are running out of gas down here. Let's just hope that they get a delivery soon.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
All of the stations up in the Huntsville, AL area seem to have gas.

I agree the media is making this into a bigger issue than it likely is. People up here are talking about a shortage, but not experiencing it.

JeepDrum

I have family in the Charlotte, NC area. They recently drove back home from NJ. After getting all the way down there they really had a hard time fueling up.

thardy

Banned
I heard yesterday that the leak is fixed, so things should be getting back to normal soon. Of course they won't drop the prices as quickly as they raised them though.

Top Bottom