Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teraflex Full Float Hubs

Been Around the Block whytiptoe's Avatar

Teraflex Full Float Hubs

So I've just seen they have released 8 lug locking hub conversion for the front with big brake kit. As well they have released 8 lug full float rear.

Again not a proponent of teraflex, but I don't know
    Anyone else who makes this. If dynatrac would do it I would for sure snatch these up.
    Why Tip Toe Thru Life To Arrive Safely At Death

2016 Hydro Blue JKUR HR

You would buy a full float rear axle in 8 lug and convert your stock front axle to an 8 lug?

Knows a Thing or Two Journeyman's Avatar
    I discovered these surfing the net a while back. Seems like a good idea I guess if your ok with dumping 4-5k in parts for full float 8 lug axles, but then still being on Dana 44 axle/ring and pinion. Kind of seems like a waste to me.
    This meme comes to mind. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474434748.947827.jpg

I don't see the point as you're only beefing up the hub transferring the load off the bearing to the C's. Like others have said its still a 44

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd.gunman View Post
    I don't see the point as you're only beefing up the hub transferring the load off the bearing to the C's. Like others have said its still a 44
    The point is, they'll make a video, people on other forums will tell other people how great it is, and Terabreak will make a shit ton of money. When I first got a Jeep, I thought Teraflex was the best thing going. They had cool videos, and people on other forums will say any old stuff they buy is great, because people don't like to admit to making mistakes.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Build Thread-- http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...l-II-The-Deuce

Caught the Bug
    You aren't putting any additional load on the Cs. What this does us eliminate the unit bearing as a weak point on these axles. Some people don't like old school hubs and spindles but I do, I would much rather have something I can service instead of just waiting for unit bearings to break and replacing them.

What this doesn't do us allow you to run a super 60 shaft like the pr44/60 hybrid does. Teraflex includes a 35 spline stub, but you're still stuck with the 1350 u joints because the knuckle is too small.

I think if you're in the market for big brakes and are already on your 2nd or 3rd set of unit bearings, this might be worth looking into.

And looking at the parts list this seems like a pretty basic hub and spindle assembly using common and proven parts. Teraflex just machined the spindle to bolt to the knuckle and accept the speed sensor.
    Last edited by qwasin; 09-21-2016 at 08:09 AM.

Caught the Bug
    Now the rear FF kit on the other hand is kind of a joke. First I would worry about pressing the spindle in 100% true. Second, the spindles are held in by plug welds. Third, they are only 30 spline shafts. And at $1800, plus $1500 for gears and a locker, plus labor if you don't do it yourself, you could have had a mopar ultimate 60 for the same price.

I wouldn't want to run it just cause its teraflex. I really want Dynatrac to come out with a locking hub conversion tho for the pr44
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Sounds good and everything, but I'll just stick to my Superduty axles I'm building. Still coming out cheaper than doing all that lol

Quote Originally Posted by qwasin View Post
    You aren't putting any additional load on the Cs. What this does us eliminate the unit bearing as a weak point on these axles. Some people don't like old school hubs and spindles but I do, I would much rather have something I can service instead of just waiting for unit bearings to break and replacing them.

What this doesn't do us allow you to run a super 60 shaft like the pr44/60 hybrid does. Teraflex includes a 35 spline stub, but you're still stuck with the 1350 u joints because the knuckle is too small.

I think if you're in the market for big brakes and are already on your 2nd or 3rd set of unit bearings, this might be worth looking into.

And looking at the parts list this seems like a pretty basic hub and spindle assembly using common and proven parts. Teraflex just machined the spindle to bolt to the knuckle and accept the speed sensor.
    What I meant was it transfers the load that was being absorbed by deflection in the bearing during a shock load to the C's because now you have a much more rigid bearing. Classic breaking the weakest link setup.

The other problem is you now have a specific stub axle that is only available from teraflex.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast