Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Teraflex Full Float Hubs

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    For guys sticking with 35s or 37s... Im wondering if you could use the new JL PR44 under a JK?? It uses JK gears, and gives you a little extra width which could help reduce wear on ball joints and hub assemblies.... Im curious how different the mounting brackets are...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5fJobSjZegU
    Prob different enough that you would need to cut and move them for them to work with the jk
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    Are others on D44s burning through unit bearings like you? Would a PR 44 help much?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I was, before did the axle swap

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Unfortunately the PR44 won't help at all because it uses stock unit bearings.

This is what stops me in my tracks every time I start to thinking this is a good idea...

I change mine out every Winter now as part of my yearly maintenance "overhaul ". It's a pain in the ass but also peace of mind.
    Fortunately a pair or unit bearings is only about $150 give or take. And a few hours wrenching to change. Plus, you need to check out everything anyway so it's not that big of a deal. Just the price to play.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    For guys sticking with 35s or 37s... Im wondering if you could use the new JL PR44 under a JK?? It uses JK gears, and gives you a little extra width which could help reduce wear on ball joints and hub assemblies.... Im curious how different the mounting brackets are...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5fJobSjZegU
    Well, don't stop with the axle, just trade up to a JL before you get a ton of money invested in the JK.

I'm sure Mel would give you credit to swap that unopened lift😁😁😁

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    Fortunately a pair or unit bearings is only about $150 give or take. And a few hours wrenching to change. Plus, you need to check out everything anyway so it's not that big of a deal. Just the price to play.

Well, don't stop with the axle, just trade up to a JL before you get a ton of money invested in the JK.

I'm sure Mel would give you credit to swap that unopened lift
    No way!!... I love my JK... Besides, why trade up to basically the same motor and having to upgrade axles eventually anyway. And I opened the lift.. lol

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910