Speakers and stereos for CJs question

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I sure wish sound bars like this were available back when I had my old CJ7 but I have to say, most of what you hear comes from front speakers. Do you have anything in the dash?

2Cross

Caught the Bug
There is still the original dash speaker. It's pretty wasted from years sitting in the shed
Any suggestions for front speakers?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I typically find the Crutchfield is good for finding speakers that will fit your vehicle. You can then buy from them or elsewhere. Stereo technology changes all the time so it'd be hard to say what to recommend but getting something that can handle what your stereo and or amp puts out is a good start.

Crutch field for sure, great company and service. Another thing to consider is using marine speakers, good for when you forget the top as well as lasting longer to the extreme conditions.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I have absolutely zero experience with either of these but when I still had my YJ I was looking at the Genright cage and their sound system for an iPod or phone etc. It wouldn't be cheap but I like the idea and the looks of it. Again, it all might be junk idk. They make a cage for the CJs also so I believe that deal would work.

Draconianwinter

I would go with select increments pods then add some high end speakers that are marine rated along with a marine rated amp and stereo unit.

RageKage

Planning to add speakers to the CJ7. Any experience or suggestions appreciated. I've seen Bluetooth soundbars on Amazon but wondering how this is versus what other options are out there.
One soundbar option :
http://www.jcwhitney.com/vertically...d-bar-for-jeep-cj7-and-wrangler/p2001318.jcwx

I actually have this exact speaker bar in my 74 CJ5. It took a little bit of ingenuity and some redneck mentality. It's "strapped" to the rollbar right behind the front seats.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474553068.174170.jpg you can see the back of it here and how it's attached.
But it works amazing. Great sound from the stock speakers and later on down the road if you blow one (I haven't blown a speaker in this thing in 8 years and have had it damn near maxed out on the freeway with the top off) you can always upgrade the speakers themselves. The fitment to put it in a CJ5 is a little caddywhampus, but it should fit nicely in the CJ7.

Last edited:
Top Bottom