Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeep JK Wrangler 2.5" Budget Boost Installation Write-Up

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Thanks for the great write-up Eddie.

When I finally jump on the JK train, I think the first phase of the build must be:
    • TF Budget Boost
    • Poison Spyder Wheel Spacers
    • 35" Tires

From there I will spend my time plotting and planning further phases of the build.
    So that it's clear, not all 35's or their metric equivalent measures up the same. Depending on the make, you may find it necessary to either trim your fenders or install a 1" body lift as well.

Banned

Re: Jeep JK Wrangler 2.5" Budget Boost Installation Write-Up

Is there a smoking head icon ?

C.O.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Actually, a BB alone will raise your frame up and you better approach and departure angles and give you more ground clearance at the belly and and therefore, better breakover angles. Yes, it'll also allow you to run larger tires as well and that will give you even more ground clearance at the axle.

A body lift will only lift your body up off the frame and that will only allow you to run larger tires.
    This. Thanks.

This is the confirmation I was more alluding too. Still dont know all the lingo to perhaps phrase my question properly. I thought I had read this somewhere along the line and was just wanting to make sure.

I've seen jeeps with just the body lift and too much looks a little odd. Wanted to make sure the BB lifts the "whole" jeep. With it in mind you cant raise axle clearance unless you go aftermarket and/or run larger tires.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    I've seen jeeps with just the body lift and too much looks a little odd. Wanted to make sure the BB lifts the "whole" jeep. With it in mind you cant raise axle clearance unless you go aftermarket and/or run larger tires.
    Correct. Running bigger tires and/or running a PR44 or Portals is the only way you will gain axle clearance.

Correct. Running bigger tires and/or running a PR44 or Portals is the only way you will gain axle clearance.
    Portals.....???? Oh great, another word to google. You got a pic? No clue what a portal is.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Portals.....???? Oh great, another word to google. You got a pic? No clue what a portal is.

Had to Google it!

http://www.dynatrac.com/products/axles/portals.html
    Even though I drive my JEEP through the valley of the ROCKS, I fear no BREAKS, for WAYALIFE is with me; Your JEEP and Your WINCH, they comfort me.

Banned
    Portals is the only way you will gain
    for god sake just when i thought i had it figured out.
    this really looks like a no brainer way to go, so many problems solved with just one axle. or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackerdown View Post
    for god sake just when i thought i had it figured out.
    this really looks like a no brainer way to go, so many problems solved with just one axle. or two.
    Well, truth be told, Portals are super expensive and have a whole host of problems you'd have to figure out in order to get them to work on a JK. Great in theory but not worth the cost or trouble to me.

Banned
    Well, truth be told, Portals are super expensive and have a whole host of problems you'd have to figure out in order to get them to work on a JK. Great in theory but not worth the cost or trouble to me.
    back to the drawing board

I figured they were pricy. Also says they are not for highway driving, so no DD use.

For a quick(er) fix, I'm going BB, wheel spacers and mount 35s on stock rubi wheels. Might even plasti-dip the wheels, just cuz I like black wheels and it will add a little extra to the look of the mod. I have a resource for SUPER deals on tires so hoping to get some Nittos Trial Grapplers at cost. I've come full circle as this was the plan when I first bought the jeep. Drive it stock for a while and see how I "like" wheeling and get my legs. Then about 10-12 months out do a modest lift.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast