HEADS UP : Forum Upgrades in Progress - COMPLETED

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone, Cindy and I want to apologize for the forum being down from about 11 PM-PST Friday night till about 7:30 AM-PST on this Saturday morning. We've acquired a new more and more powerful server and had to take things down while we made the swap over to it and made updates to the forum software. Unfortunately, you may experience some additional hiccups over the next 48 hours or so as we continue to make updates. Again, we apologize for the trouble and hope to get things running smoothly again as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding,
Eddie & Cindy

JeepFan

Hooked
I was almost going to call the Wayalife computer technical support hotline!!

Thanks for the heads up and good luck with the upgrades. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was almost going to call the Wayalife computer technical support hotline!!

Thanks for the heads up and good luck with the upgrades. :)

LOL!! Thanks. It's been a headache and have only had a couple hours of sleep but I think we're finally getting there. Still have some additional down time coming your way but hopefully it won't be too long.

JeepFan

Hooked
LOL!! Thanks. It's been a headache and have only had a couple hours of sleep but I think we're finally getting there. Still have some additional down time coming your way but hopefully it won't be too long.

I feel your pain. Hopefully you both can get some rest soon.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
We go through this at work regularly. Our IT folks get properly stressed trying to do upgrades and keep a 911/ police dispatch centre functioning during the upgrade. Best of luck with the upgrades.

8POUND

You guys have nothing to apologize for. You and Cindy have created a great forum for people to gain knowledge, become friends and just be "in the know" about upcoming Jeep events, products and services. You guys are great and keep up the hard work.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys, we appreciate your understanding. We're trying to do this in stages to minimize the amount of down time. Hopefully things will be running smoothly by the beginning to mid next week.

Rb1boxer_3

Lol nice to know now . This is the only thing that keeps me up at night for night shifts, last night was a long one.

GraniteCrystal

No worries and thanks for the upgrade! Also, just curious, are you guys hosting this yourself out of a server you own? Moving it to the cloud could make your life much easier. A thought to consider.

swampdog

Upgrades are good, whether server or jeep. Thanks for keeping us informed and providing this service! You are appreciated.

aldaman

No worries, it will be worth it at the end....At least it gave me some time to spend with the Wifey while waiting for the upgrades / site to be back on. :beer: :shock:

Hey everyone, Cindy and I want to apologize for the forum being down from about 11 PM-PST Friday night till about 7:30 AM-PST on this Saturday morning. We've acquired a new more and more powerful server and had to take things down while we made the swap over to it and made updates to the forum software. Unfortunately, you may experience some additional hiccups over the next 48 hours or so as we continue to make updates. Again, we apologize for the trouble and hope to get things running smoothly again as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding,
Eddie & Cindy

JAGS

Hooked
Was wondering what was happening this morning. Then I tried logging out and then logging back in. So that you know, the "update" notification message appeared when I logged back in and it all made sense.

Just thought I'd let you know the message was/is working.

Any public facing updates we might notice or all behind the scenes interface stuff? In any case, thanks for keeping WAL as powerful as possible for us all. [emoji106][emoji106]

JeepJeep75

How dare you interrupt my free access to your site!! 🤓 seriously though, thank you both for providing this awesome online sanctuary for all of us to enjoy. [emoji482]

Top Bottom