2013 Unlimited Sport OR 2007-2011 Unlimited Rubicon

TrailReady

Caught the Bug
I am ready to get back into the Jeep game and am considering two paths...

1) Buy a new 2013 Unlimited Sport, gaining the added benefits of the new engine/transmission. Run the EVO Enforcer kit with 35's until I am ready to upgrade the front end to a PR44 with ARB's front and rear. Possibly get the Rubicrawler later on in the build.

2) Buy a used 2007-2011 Unlimited Rubicon, similar price range as a new sport while gaining the Dana44's front and rear with factory elctronic lockers and 4:1 transfer case. Same suspension as above and most likely go with 37's. In the long run, I still see myself building a PR44 front end at some point.

Considering that I ultimately want to have a PR44 up front, is the sport with the new engine and auto trans worth it over the litely used rubicon?? Whats your opinion??

Thanks!

BTW, I have a lightly used 2012 WRX for sale if you know of anyone that wants one lol :cheesy:

I am ready to get back into the Jeep game and am considering two paths...

1) Buy a new 2013 Unlimited Sport, gaining the added benefits of the new engine/transmission. Run the EVO Enforcer kit with 35's until I am ready to upgrade the front end to a PR44 with ARB's front and rear. Possibly get the Rubicrawler later on in the build.

2) Buy a used 2007-2011 Unlimited Rubicon, similar price range as a new sport while gaining the Dana44's front and rear with factory elctronic lockers and 4:1 transfer case. Same suspension as above and most likely go with 37's. In the long run, I still see myself building a PR44 front end at some point.

Considering that I ultimately want to have a PR44 up front, is the sport with the new engine and auto trans worth it over the litely used rubicon?? Whats your opinion??

Thanks!

BTW, I have a lightly used 2012 WRX for sale if you know of anyone that wants one lol :cheesy:

I'll give $1,000 for your WRX 😝

I think in your situation, a Rubicon would be the best investment... More trailreadyness (no pun intended) 😎

mackey

I had a 2007 Unlimited X with 35s and then a 2012 Unlimited Rubicon with 37s. I absolutely loved the new Penstar. Even with 37s, it had more power than my 07 with 35s. If you are wanting to run 37s, I think u would regret not having the new engine. Go for the 2012. That's my 2 cents :) good luck

MTG

Caught the Bug
'12 and I'll give you $1200 for the WRX (which I almost bought instead of my jeep).

soct

I was in the same situation. I went with the Sport because of the Penastar. I have no regret. The Penastar is a great driver. To me it was worth it to upgrade a Sport just to get the engine.

Sent from my Nexus 10

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Axles and lockers can be added significantly easier than engine swaps. Therefore I would go with the 2013 model. Better bang for your buck for the long term of your rig. :twocents:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Oh, I'll give you $5k for the WRX as long as it's not red, white, or black. :crazyeyes:

FoxC

Pick up a 2012/13 sport and build it like you want. I have enjoyed building mine up just as much as wheelin it. No regrets here.

TrailReady

Caught the Bug
Thanks for all the feedback guys! Definitely leaning towards the 2012/2013 Sport route. Probably won't be able to do it as fast as FoxC, but as long as it fits my needs I am happy! BTW, FoxC your rig is what sparked this idea for me in the first place. Your rig is looking awesome!

As for the WRX, I now know it's worth here haha! :eek:

FoxC

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Definitely leaning towards the 2012/2013 Sport route. Probably won't be able to do it as fast as FoxC, but as long as it fits my needs I am happy! BTW, FoxC your rig is what sparked this idea for me in the first place. Your rig is looking awesome!

As for the WRX, I now know it's worth here haha! :eek:
Thanks brother!

TrailReady

Caught the Bug
2013 Unlimited Sport it is! My car finally sold yesterday. Hope to be in my new Jeep by the end of the weekend!

I'm thinking commando green... Opinions?

Top Bottom