Cooper 40s?

jkwebbie

Has anyone heard whether or not Cooper Tire will be making a 40? I heard a rumor from a friend that they will be making the STT Pro in a 40. Has anyone else heard that???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yeah I heard that when they released the first STT pro. I hear that about every new tire release. Who is your friend? Does he actually know anything or just a friend?

Last edited:

jkwebbie

Yeah I heard that when they released the first STT pro. I hear that about every new tire release. Who is your friend? Does he actually know anything or just a friend?
I honestly didn't question how he knew it because I got a little excited about the Pro coming in a 40 because that's what I want to run. I'll ask him how he found out and get back to you guys lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The 40's are real. You won't find any info on them on the Cooper website or anywhere really but they can be ordered now. I have a set coming and should have them in any day now. :yup:

Ddays

Hooked
They're for Moby although, now I'm really wanting a set for Rubicat too but her 37's are still looking new :crazyeyes:

Oh man, those are gonna be badass! Cant wait to see those. I can't believe how well these Coopers wear. I've got close to 20k on mine and I'm nowhere near halfway worn.

GraniteCrystal

They're for Moby although, now I'm really wanting a set for Rubicat too but her 37's are still looking new :crazyeyes:
So you'll be running all Coopers right? I think I still love my KO2s but options are always up in the air for when I go to 37s. In your mind, what are the top things you love about the Coopers versus other top tires guys run (Trail Graps, Mud Graps, KM2, KO2, Toyo, etc)? Weight, sidewall strength, balancing, noise, ability to grip, performance in snow, etc.

Just curious what you're looking for. If it's the same as what I need out of a tire, I might move the Coopers up on the list of possibilities.

swampdog

So you'll be running all Coopers right? I think I still love my KO2s but options are always up in the air for when I go to 37s. In your mind, what are the top things you love about the Coopers versus other top tires guys run (Trail Graps, Mud Graps, KM2, KO2, Toyo, etc)? Weight, sidewall strength, balancing, noise, ability to grip, performance in snow, etc.

Just curious what you're looking for. If it's the same as what I need out of a tire, I might move the Coopers up on the list of possibilities.

I run KO2s but you can't really put them in that group being an A/T, they aren't in the same league offroad.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

I run KO2s but you can't really put them in that group being an A/T, they aren't in the same league offroad.

Personal experience? Just curious. Never had mud terrains. I've heard of overlanding/off road type companies running KO2s though so it seems like a stretch to say they're in a completely different league offroad (KO2 vs a mud terrain).

swampdog

Personal experience? Just curious. Never had mud terrains. I've heard of overlanding/off road type companies running KO2s though so it seems like a stretch to say they're in a completely different league offroad (KO2 vs a mud terrain).

Personal experience. A M/T just does better on terrain that isn't uniform (rocks, ledges, loose dirt / rocks) vs an A/T due to the void size and the ability of the big lugs to "grab and pull". Our A/T tires will have the advantage on pavement (wet or dry), snow / ice, and I would even bet in a high speed desert scenario (no experience here). The A/T will have less rolling resistance and will perform better in snow / ice as there is less voids, so more rubber will be on the road when it get packed up. I really enjoy my K02s, but am wheeling more than I anticipated, so without a doubt my next tire will be a M/T.

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

Personal experience. A M/T just does better on terrain that isn't uniform (rocks, ledges, loose dirt / rocks) vs an A/T due to the void size and the ability of the big lugs to "grab and pull". Our A/T tires will have the advantage on pavement (wet or dry), snow / ice, and I would even bet in a high speed desert scenario (no experience here). The A/T will have less rolling resistance and will perform better in snow / ice as there is less voids, so more rubber will be ok the road when it get packed up. I really enjoy my K02s, but am wheeling more than I anticipated, so without a doubt my next tire will be a M/T.

Good explanation. Thanks swampdog. Guess that still leaves me torn on which tire to go with for 37s. At least I have a long time to figure it out since I don't have the money 😅

Top Bottom