FORD BRONCO OFFICIALLY COMING BACK - Will be made in Michigan

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Love him or hate him and all politics aside, I think it's amazing how Ford has responded to Donald Trump relentlessly giving them grief for sending jobs to Mexico by announcing that they will be making the new Bronco and that they will be making it here in the U.S.A.! The attached rendering is just that of course but the article is real and was published on MSN. I for one and excited to see Ford giving a little competition to Jeep and look forward to seeing what the new Bronco will really look like. What do you guys think? :cool:

You can credit (or blame) Donald Trump for this one. The presidential candidate has been relentless in attacking Ford for moving jobs to Mexico throughout his campaign. Ford has fired back, both with CEO Mark Fields on CNN, and on Twitter during the first debate, citing massive investment and job growth here in the United States. And now, because of this fight, we just got confirmation that the Bronco is coming back. Whether or not it looks at all like the rendering above remains to be seen.

Ford announced earlier this year that it will add four SUVs to the lineup, and it was widely assumed the Bronco would be one of those four. The theory stems from the latest contract between the UAW and Ford, and what happens to the Michigan Assembly Plant when the Focus and C-Max production move south of the border.

Confirmation comes from Bill Johnson, chairman of UAW local 900, speaking to the Detroit Free Press last week. "We hate to see the products go to Mexico, but with the Ranger and the Bronco coming to Michigan Assembly that absolutely secures the future for our people a lot more than the Focus does."
Yes, he did just say that. The Bronco is coming to Michigan Assembly. Which means the Bronco is coming back. This is one thing America can come together on.

BBwWfHF.jpg

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...ichigan/ar-BBwWa2a?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

WJCO

Meme King
I don't really like the look of it, but I do like that it will be made here.

It does piss me off that it takes political pressure to make the 'rich' here make Pro-America decisions. I would much rather see them make the decision right off the bat to better our country rather than always look for the cheaper option that will eventually impoverish our great nation.

Rubicon john

That's good news. I do have a certain level of respect for Ford because they didn't take any bailout money like GM and Chrysler did.

RUBEERCON

Wish they would make the removable top again. I bet they will sell good, Chevy needs to follow up with the Full size blazer! I saw a power wagon concept that looked good.

I have an early bronco I'm building , I was in hopes they copied it's lines.

bthomas

Glad to see some production being kept here, I hope it's more than just assembled here. Lots of parts come from other countries for American made vehicles.
As far as looks go, I like it, I wish it looked a little more like the old 60's Bronco, but it's good. I'm very curious as to what the drive train options will be.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

blackrubi14

While I'm not really a Ford fan, I do like the early Bronco's and I'm glad they're bringing it back. Agree with above, Chevy needs to bring back the full size Blazer.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
I was always hoping they'd bring the bronco back. Hopefully with a v8 and diesel option. Very cool

swampdog

I dig it. Cool rendering, and the color on it is sweet. Good on ford for trying to make it right, and doing it with a 4x4 and not some econobox or mommy missile.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
LOL!! Love him or hate him and all politics aside, I think it's amazing how Ford has responded to Donald Trump relentlessly giving them grief for sending jobs to Mexico by announcing that they will be making the new Bronco and that they will be making it here in the U.S.A.! The attached rendering is just that of course but the article is real and was published on MSN. I for one and excited to see Ford giving a little competition to Jeep and look forward to seeing what the new Bronco will really look like. What do you guys think? :cool:

I hope you know that rendering of the bronco is from a fan website. Ford hasn't shown anything yet that I know of.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I hope you know that rendering of the bronco is from a fan website. Ford hasn't shown anything yet that I know of.

Being that you QUOTED me, you did see the part where I specifically say the image is just a "rendering" and that I "look forward to seeing what the new Bronco will really look like", right?

JAGS

Hooked
It was always in Fords plan to keep the plant operational. In fact, it will most likely expand production in the coming years. This was already in the works. Ford CEO has gone on record many times. This has nothing to do with politics or any of the current candidates.

As for the ranger and bronco, well, that is pretty cool. Saw another article earlier this morning and the pic of the ranger they used looked a lot like the explorer sport trac from years back???

I've always loved the bronco and even the little bronco II back in the day. I think the bronco is a bit different audience than the wrangler. At least in my opinion.

swampdog

It was always in Fords plan to keep the plant operational. In fact, it will most likely expand production in the coming years. This was already in the works. Ford CEO has gone on record many times. This has nothing to do with politics or any of the current candidates.

I'm sure neither candidate will claim this as being as a result of their nudging...

Ddays

Hooked
One thing Ford has done well over the past few years is integrating old styling themes into modern designs. I hope they do the same with the Bronco.

Top Bottom