Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynomax Quiet Crawler installed

Dynomax Quiet Crawler installed

On the advice from a forum member, thanks , I ordered the DQC exhaust in separate pieces as the kit is back ordered and not available. It came out great, sounds good and is quiet and wasn't too hard to install. Had one cut at pipe going over axle and that's it. Here's a couple pics...1475628251801.jpg1475628262276.jpg1475628266757.jpg1475628271245.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Which pieces did you use, specifically which pipe sections or cuts did you use. I like how yours came out.

I understand it is the first section of pipe that is unavailable.

Here are the original parts from the other post.
    IMG_0738.jpg
    Matt

Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

N.S.D.Q.!

18 JLUR -white, 13 JKUR - white (gone), 09 JKUR - white (sold), stock 85 CJ7 - red
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now).

I cut 55428 at the resonator, about 3 inches or so....52561, is that the part you say is unavailable? Because Amazon says it is...I used all the pieces on that diagram....51113 can probably be gotten cheaper at O'Reilly.
    I got all my parts on Amazon.

Last edited by deezus; 10-05-2016 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Nicely done! Looks like it came out great and like you, I'm super happy with how it sounds
    Yupyup thanks again Eddie! One thing though, the end pipe that goes over rear axle still isnt as tucked up as i would like, any suggestions? Wanna get one before it gets welded. Also, is it normal for a new exhaust to smell a lil funny at initial istall and run? And do i need to put anything between muffler/ resonator and jeep? Ty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deezus View Post
    Yupyup thanks again Eddie! One thing though, the end pipe that goes over rear axle still isnt as tucked up as i would like, any suggestions? Wanna get one before it gets welded. Also, is it normal for a new exhaust to smell a lil funny at initial istall and run? And do i need to put anything between muffler/ resonator and jeep? Ty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Wish I could help you on getting the tail pipe up higher over the axle but I have mine dumping just before the axle. Sorry. As far as smell goes, you did make sure to remove the clear plastic protective covering on the muffler, right? Otherwise, yeah, an initial smell is pretty normal.

Yep this here.
    In regards to the rear pipe, a lot of folks will make a cut so it doesn't "hang out" so far back...

Wish I could help you on getting the tail pipe up higher over the axle but I have mine dumping just before the axle. Sorry. As far as smell goes, you did make sure to remove the clear plastic protective covering on the muffler, right? Otherwise, yeah, an initial smell is pretty normal.

I thought that was a rock protection cover? So it stays shiny...😆

Well done man. The item is on my list!

Knows a Thing or Two OhNoTheJiggies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deezus View Post
    I cut 55428 at the resonator, about 3 inches or so....52561, is that the part you say is unavailable? Because Amazon says it is...I used all the pieces on that diagram....51113 can probably be gotten cheaper at O'Reilly.
    I got all my parts on Amazon.

Would you be able to tell me the diameter and length of that 51113 pipe? I got all the other parts in my shopping cart, just want to check the price of that at O'Reillys.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast