Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Dynomax Quiet Crawler installed

  1. #1
    Knows a Thing or Two deezus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Fair Oaks
    Posts
    627

    Dynomax Quiet Crawler installed

    On the advice from a forum member, thanks , I ordered the DQC exhaust in separate pieces as the kit is back ordered and not available. It came out great, sounds good and is quiet and wasn't too hard to install. Had one cut at pipe going over axle and that's it. Here's a couple pics...1475628251801.jpg1475628262276.jpg1475628266757.jpg1475628271245.jpg

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #2
    Nothing but a Thing RMC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    KC, MO
    Posts
    1,280
    Which pieces did you use, specifically which pipe sections or cuts did you use. I like how yours came out.

    I understand it is the first section of pipe that is unavailable.

    Here are the original parts from the other post.
    IMG_0738.jpg
    Matt

    Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

    N.S.D.Q.!

    18 JLUR -white, 13 JKUR - white (gone), 09 JKUR - white (sold), stock 85 CJ7 - red
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now).

  3. #3
    Knows a Thing or Two deezus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Fair Oaks
    Posts
    627
    I cut 55428 at the resonator, about 3 inches or so....52561, is that the part you say is unavailable? Because Amazon says it is...I used all the pieces on that diagram....51113 can probably be gotten cheaper at O'Reilly.
    I got all my parts on Amazon.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by deezus; 10-05-2016 at 04:39 AM.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Knows a Thing or Two deezus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Fair Oaks
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Nicely done! Looks like it came out great and like you, I'm super happy with how it sounds
    Yupyup thanks again Eddie! One thing though, the end pipe that goes over rear axle still isnt as tucked up as i would like, any suggestions? Wanna get one before it gets welded. Also, is it normal for a new exhaust to smell a lil funny at initial istall and run? And do i need to put anything between muffler/ resonator and jeep? Ty

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

  6. #6
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    52,273
    Quote Originally Posted by deezus View Post
    Yupyup thanks again Eddie! One thing though, the end pipe that goes over rear axle still isnt as tucked up as i would like, any suggestions? Wanna get one before it gets welded. Also, is it normal for a new exhaust to smell a lil funny at initial istall and run? And do i need to put anything between muffler/ resonator and jeep? Ty

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Wish I could help you on getting the tail pipe up higher over the axle but I have mine dumping just before the axle. Sorry. As far as smell goes, you did make sure to remove the clear plastic protective covering on the muffler, right? Otherwise, yeah, an initial smell is pretty normal.

  7. #7
    Advertiser DynoMax Exhaust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    301
    Yep this here.
    In regards to the rear pipe, a lot of folks will make a cut so it doesn't "hang out" so far back...



    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Wish I could help you on getting the tail pipe up higher over the axle but I have mine dumping just before the axle. Sorry. As far as smell goes, you did make sure to remove the clear plastic protective covering on the muffler, right? Otherwise, yeah, an initial smell is pretty normal.

  8. #8
    Knows a Thing or Two deezus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Fair Oaks
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Wish I could help you on getting the tail pipe up higher over the axle but I have mine dumping just before the axle. Sorry. As far as smell goes, you did make sure to remove the clear plastic protective covering on the muffler, right? Otherwise, yeah, an initial smell is pretty normal.
    I thought that was a rock protection cover? So it stays shiny...😆

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #9
    Old Timer Andy5160's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,802
    Well done man. The item is on my list!

  10. #10
    Knows a Thing or Two OhNoTheJiggies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by deezus View Post
    I cut 55428 at the resonator, about 3 inches or so....52561, is that the part you say is unavailable? Because Amazon says it is...I used all the pieces on that diagram....51113 can probably be gotten cheaper at O'Reilly.
    I got all my parts on Amazon.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Would you be able to tell me the diameter and length of that 51113 pipe? I got all the other parts in my shopping cart, just want to check the price of that at O'Reillys.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS