Dynomax Quiet Crawler installed

deezus

On the advice from a forum member, thanks , I ordered the DQC exhaust in separate pieces as the kit is back ordered and not available. It came out great, sounds good and is quiet and wasn't too hard to install. Had one cut at pipe going over axle and that's it. Here's a couple pics... 1475628251801.jpg 1475628262276.jpg 1475628266757.jpg 1475628271245.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Which pieces did you use, specifically which pipe sections or cuts did you use. I like how yours came out.

I understand it is the first section of pipe that is unavailable.

Here are the original parts from the other post.
IMG_0738.jpg

deezus

I cut 55428 at the resonator, about 3 inches or so....52561, is that the part you say is unavailable? Because Amazon says it is...I used all the pieces on that diagram....51113 can probably be gotten cheaper at O'Reilly.
I got all my parts on Amazon.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nicely done! Looks like it came out great and like you, I'm super happy with how it sounds :thumb:

deezus

Nicely done! Looks like it came out great and like you, I'm super happy with how it sounds :thumb:
Yupyup thanks again Eddie! One thing though, the end pipe that goes over rear axle still isnt as tucked up as i would like, any suggestions? Wanna get one before it gets welded. Also, is it normal for a new exhaust to smell a lil funny at initial istall and run? And do i need to put anything between muffler/ resonator and jeep? Ty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yupyup thanks again Eddie! One thing though, the end pipe that goes over rear axle still isnt as tucked up as i would like, any suggestions? Wanna get one before it gets welded. Also, is it normal for a new exhaust to smell a lil funny at initial istall and run? And do i need to put anything between muffler/ resonator and jeep? Ty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wish I could help you on getting the tail pipe up higher over the axle but I have mine dumping just before the axle. Sorry. As far as smell goes, you did make sure to remove the clear plastic protective covering on the muffler, right? Otherwise, yeah, an initial smell is pretty normal.

Yep this here.
In regards to the rear pipe, a lot of folks will make a cut so it doesn't "hang out" so far back...
:beer:

Wish I could help you on getting the tail pipe up higher over the axle but I have mine dumping just before the axle. Sorry. As far as smell goes, you did make sure to remove the clear plastic protective covering on the muffler, right? Otherwise, yeah, an initial smell is pretty normal.

deezus

I thought that was a rock protection cover? So it stays shiny...😆

OhNoTheJiggies

I cut 55428 at the resonator, about 3 inches or so....52561, is that the part you say is unavailable? Because Amazon says it is...I used all the pieces on that diagram....51113 can probably be gotten cheaper at O'Reilly.
I got all my parts on Amazon.

Would you be able to tell me the diameter and length of that 51113 pipe? I got all the other parts in my shopping cart, just want to check the price of that at O'Reillys.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Thanks Deezus for posting this info.

Thanks Eddie for your original posts with the clips on how it sounds and that you still like it. Did you notice any performance changes?

Really liking this setup.

We saw nominal gains with this system, if I recall like 9-10HP and similar in TQ but keep in mind this is on a stock JK. The main advantage is just getting rid of the bulky OE setup.
:beer:

Thanks Deezus for posting this info.

Thanks Eddie for your original posts with the clips on how it sounds and that you still like it. Did you notice any performance changes?

Really liking this setup.

TxCoastie

Will this kit fit on a stock JKU? It says it fits:

"Unlimited Rubicon / Unlimited Sahara / Unlimited Sport

Fits Models with Rockcrawler Type Off-Road Suspension."

Thanks

TxCoastie

The U in JKU = Unlimited

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Of course I know that the U in JKU is for Unlimited. My question was if this kit will fit a STOCK jku or only lifted/rockcrawler suspension systems.

Can anyone confirm part numbers for the multiple 2.5 clamps in this kit?

I believe there are 2 clamps (part #35337) on each side of the catback then the other 3 clamps are part #36434 for the 3.6l?

Thanks

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Of course I know that the U in JKU is for Unlimited. My question was if this kit will fit a STOCK jku or only lifted/rockcrawler suspension systems.

Can anyone confirm part numbers for the multiple 2.5 clamps in this kit?

I believe there are 2 clamps (part #35337) on each side of the catback then the other 3 clamps are part #36434 for the 3.6l?

Thanks

You can run it on a stock Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom