OK, there HAS to be a better solution....

rich67

Caught the Bug
So for those who know I have had a nagging clutch issue for quite some time, that I have narrowed down (thanks to this forum) to the clutch slave. It's been replaced once, but continues to make ungodly noises when the clutch is depressed and released, and makes me worried it will fail at the worst time (when I am in the middle of nowhere and miles from a repair facility).
Is there any aftermarket solution that will give me a longer-lasting and noise free slave??? I mean, apparently this cheap plastic contraption is failing in the JK for a reason...as I hear many complaints of the same issue being shared by others. Am I stuck with replacing this thing with the same shoddy part? Should I chalk it up to a "Jeep thing" and keep a spare on hand for trail replacement? Or is there another brand I can go to that may help alleviate my woes once and for all?:banghead:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, back when we were still running a 6-speed in Moby, we went through 3 slaves. Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, there is no aftermarket solution available or at least, one that is better. If yours were to go out on the trail, you can still drive it, you just need to shift by RPM.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Yeah, back when we were still running a 6-speed in Moby, we went through 3 slaves. Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, there is no aftermarket solution available or at least, one that is better. If yours were to go out on the trail, you can still drive it, you just need to shift by RPM.

Big rig style.. rev up and dump

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom