How to spend the next money

Guascone

Hi, the next week here in Italy there will be a big 4x4 show.
This is a good opportunity to make very good trade…
I have a limitated amount of money to spend and I have to make a choice…

1) Regear: I have a automatic Rubicon with 35 and 3.73 . I don’t know when but I would like to go in the next future with 37 (I wait until I’ll change the tires or I start to regear now…?)
2) Change the fenders: I have the OEM and one of them is broken. Here in Italy the fenders have to cover entire the tires (does it means no OEM fenders cutted :( )
3) Wheels: I have the rubicon ’15 wheels, I love it but I would like to buy some beadlock wheels…
4) Up to you…suggestions

Up to now I have:

Armor:
Front and rear bumper
Evo rock sliders and rock skins

Suspension:
2.5 coils
11” travel shocks
Rear relocator track bar

Wheel:
1.5” wheels spacers
35”tires

Recovery:
9.5 Winch

Trasmission:
Ten factory rear axle shafts

IMG_1475761289.444616.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

I'd say re-gear to 4.88. You can cut your factory fenders on the cheap(free) and the factory Rubicon wheels do just fine!

Guascone

Thanks for suggestion!

Unfortunately as I told before I can't cut the OEM fenders...I have to cover completly the wheels...:(

I think that I'll change the wheels the next year. I think that they can make other 10000 miles...

J

JKDream

Do you suggest Yukon or Alloy gears?
I have 12000 miles...it is necessary to change also the bearings?

I run both, Alloy in the front Yukon in the rear.
Haven't had any issues with them, held up with my 37s fine so far.
Would suggest the re-gear first though. If you're thinking of 37's 5:13s might be worth looking into. I ran them on 35's for ~3-4 months.
Wasn't terrible, but our speed limits are a bit slower than most (60MPH max).

swampdog

Thanks, I don't know if Revolution are available here in Italy...up to now I have only seen Alloy ,Yukon and some Italian gear ( no brand)

I've got Yukons and they have held up great, same with 2 of my friends with the same setup. As long as they are installed correctly, a gear is a gear for the most part (when comparing your reputable companies). Anyone who complains about a reputable gear company like Yukon as being loud had a bad installation. Pretty simple.

Guascone

I've got Yukons and they have held up great, same with 2 of my friends with the same setup. As long as they are installed correctly, a gear is a gear for the most part (when comparing your reputable companies). Anyone who complains about a reputable gear company like Yukon as being loud had a bad installation. Pretty simple.

Clear!

[emoji482]

Guascone

Could someone tell me please the rpm at 70 mph with 35 and 4.88( automatic gearbox WA580)?

I have to understand if they could be ok for the 2.8 CRD ( automatic gearbox WA580)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom