Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EVO No-Limits Manual Disconnect Issues

Nothing but a Thing desertrunner's Avatar

Evo Manual No limits Popping noise.

So for the last few days i have been trying to track down a popping noise coming from my front end. I would hear it at very random times and it would only happen when there was weight transfer, i couldnt roll back and forth and get it to repeat it would just be random, sometimes a pot hole going straight or sometimes turning into my driveway, sometimes loud sometimes quiet but there. I could even feel it in the steering wheel sometimes.

I immediately thought loose suspension component, but the only things i had changed was springs shocks and front sway bar, springs were seated correctly shocks were tight, the sway bar was a tad loose so i was like boom there it is! tightened it up and went for a drive and no luck same noise. As i had re checked everything i had changed out in the front suspension i was stumped on what to check next. And i dont have a torque wrench with me right now so kinda hard to tell how tight something actually is.

Only other thing i could think of that i changed out was the EVO manual no limits. I know i read people having problems with it not connecting because of the spring being too long and having to cut a coil. so i disconnected the swaybar and BOOM no popping noise FINALLY! went and reconnected it and first bump i hit POP, disconnected it again and drove home with no noise at all so im pretty convinced that was it. I am picturing the spring being just a tad too long and my swaybar being in a weird intermediate state of connected but not connected and when it had enough weight transfer it would break loose.

My next question is do i have to shorten the spring or can i just take out the washer thats on the end? The washer in there i imagine is protecting the disco mechanism and is already significantly thinner than the picture directions (i assume because people were having to cut the spring) so should i just pull it out cut the spring and call it a day?
    12' 2dr Gecko Sport 6 speed
    PR44, ARBs, 4.88s, 35 spline rear, Adams 1350 Front & Rear, Rubi T-case, Rubi sway bar + Evo no limits, Evo armor & skids, 37/13.50" Cooper STT Pro, Evo 2" plush / OME med duty springs

***SOLD*** 08' JKU Rubicon 6-speed Stone White, 3.5" RK lift, 37" KM2s and lots more.
    ***CURRENT DD*** 16' F150

Sorry this ended up being a long winded repeat thread I found the other thread with the exact same issue I had but here is a pic of what the no limits bolt head where the spring sits looks like now. Got conformation from EVO MFG that the wear there does absolutely nothing to the function and to go ahead and cut 1 to 2 coils off of the spring and should be good to go.

20170206_135240.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app
    PR44, ARBs, 4.88s, 35 spline rear, Adams 1350 Front & Rear, Rubi T-case, Rubi sway bar + Evo no limits, Evo armor & skids, 37/13.50" Cooper STT Pro, Evo 2" plush / OME med duty springs

***SOLD*** 08' JKU Rubicon 6-speed Stone White, 3.5" RK lift, 37" KM2s and lots more.

Mods feel free to merge this with the linked thread as it is the same exact info

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...=manual+limits

I have still been 'pop' free since the spring trim; hope it fixes it for you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Stotch View Post
    I have still been 'pop' free since the spring trim; hope it fixes it for you too!
    So far so good driving around town after trimming off one coil

Glad I found this thread. My sway bar has been "popping" ever since I put the no-limits on as well. Now I know what's making that damn noise! I've been re-tightening the whole front end to no avail.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaJK View Post
    Glad I found this thread. My sway bar has been "popping" ever since I put the no-limits on as well. Now I know what's making that damn noise! I've been re-tightening the whole front end to no avail.
    Yup, I went through that whole dance multiple times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12