Jeep JK Body Damage

InnaJeep

This isn't a engine or drivetrain question so lmk if i need to put it somewhere else.

I went wheeling today and got my poor little Rubi stuck in some silty sand. Ended up getting it out with a hi-lift. The jack had a metal piece at a 90 degree angle at the top and i didn't notice it pressing into my hood area as i was jacking until it was too late. It made quite the dent and even chipped the paint. I guess my question is what is that body panel called and how much would it be to fix? I know it probably depends on the body shop but i was hoping for a ballpark number since I'm kinda strapped for cash. I can get better pics tomorrow.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

Evil

I cant remember if the center section had to come completely off or just loosened. Flip up the hood and peek in the corner. I think 2 bolts on the fender side and the 2 screws holding the center section on and it comes out. Not to hard. They also sell corner cowl covers that go over the stock piece with double stick tape. Use the google force!

s-l1600.jpg

dannymalkin

I've seen covers for that as shown above but metal. They were really cheap compared to what the body shop would charge. Also, that piece is attached to the entire fender unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Evil

I've seen covers for that as shown above but metal. They were really cheap compared to what the body shop would charge. Also, that piece is attached to the entire fender unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just for refrence, check out this place I just found by searching JK quarter fender. Looks like 360 bucks for a painted fender and you can un bolt and re bolt the new one on. Removing and installing the quarter is a pain in the ass.
http://www.revemoto.com/year/2013/2...tm_source=bc&gclid=CKm2nIPQys8CFUVsfgodkX4KnQ

This is correct. I snapped a pic when I was out in the garage. The corner cowel is attached to the fender. The center is the section that comes off.
IMG_0433.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You might be able to get a dentless paint removal guy to pull it straight and that wouldn't cost too much but otherwise, I'd have to agree with just knocking it out and then covering it. That'd be the cheapest way to go.

Lil Nasty

You might be able to get a dentless paint removal guy to pull it straight and that wouldn't cost too much but otherwise, I'd have to agree with just knocking it out and then covering it. That'd be the cheapest way to go.

Sorry Eddie, I must disagree with you. In my opinion this would be cheaper. :crazyeyes: Leave it as is and apply this:
chuck norris.jpg

InnaJeep

Thanks for your help guys! Looks like I'm gonna get the dent knocked out and cover it with some of those RR cowl covers. I guess my biggest worry is the paint being chipped and that leading to rust. Will the cowl covers prevent rust? Assuming its a sealed fit.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
That's actually a good spot to have a dent. You can replace it pretty easy yourself with either red or even black from a scrapyard, or like they're saying pull the dent and cowl cover.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

InnaJeep

Here's a pic of the chipped paint. It would be nice to just pop the dent and not worry about the raw metal as long as the cowl cover will seal it and I won't have to worry about rust. IMG_1475938809.874449.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
If you're worried about rust but are covering it up just mask off around it & hit it with some metal etching primer & call it a day.

InnaJeep

If you're worried about rust but are covering it up just mask off around it & hit it with some metal etching primer & call it a day.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to get some primer today to prevent rust then get that dent out Monday (i don't think the armor will stick in its current state) and buy some RR cowl armor.

Top Bottom