RUBICON : A Legendary Jeep Trail & Off-Road Adventure [3 Part Series]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The night before our 2010 Project-JK Rockin Rubicon Trail Run, I asked my friend Tom why he wanted to run this trail and he casually responded that "if you want to be an accomplished four wheeler, there are a few places in this world you have to go and one is the Rubicon." Crossing through the El Dorado National Forest up in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, the Rubicon Trail is truly one of the most beautiful ones I've been on bar none. Of course, its unrelenting 22 miles of boulders that need to be crawled, steep ledges that need to be climbed, narrow trees that need to be squeezed between, deep muddy water crossings that need to be forded and tippy off camber terrain that needs to be carefully negotiated is ultimately what makes the Rubicon Trail so legendary and famous around the world.

Originally made as a single half hour video, RUBICON : A Legendary Jeep Trail & Off-Road Adventure has been broken down into a 3 part series, each approximately 10 minutes long and so that it could be broadcasted on YouTube.

Part 1 of 3

Part 2 of 3

Part 3 of 3

BONDSY

I will never forget this trip. I had such a blast. I'm looking forward to the next time I can go again.:clap2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely a classic! :thumb: We hope to do it again and Blonda wants to sprinkle some of her dad's ashes somewhere along the trail...we had always hoped he'd be able to do it with us at some point. :naw:

that would be awesome - let's plan it :yup:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Hey Eddie,

I love the videos you and Cindy produce. Just curious the Canuks you met on that trail when they were down to their last gummie bears and helped them out. Do you keep in contact with them? Pretty crazy meeting someone out there like that huh?

MTG

Caught the Bug
I was in Tahoe City this afternoon saw quite a few built up, and loaded up, jeeps heading north on HWY 89...leaving the Rubicon I'm sure.

Had to watch these again tonight. Good stuff! :yup:

k9king78

I was in Tahoe City this afternoon saw quite a few built up, and loaded up, jeeps heading north on HWY 89...leaving the Rubicon I'm sure.

Had to watch these again tonight. Good stuff! :yup:
Jeepers Jamboree this weekend. There were about 250 Jeeps. I was the only one rocking a WAYALIFE sticker ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375075250.707305.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375075268.648967.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375075284.375873.jpg

Trail Bud

Hooked
Just watched this again. It was such a great trip, even with all of the carnage.
Now I'm ready for next month's trip!! :beer:

noroad

Just watched this again. It was such a great trip, even with all of the carnage.

I am super jealous of you guys that get to run this, it looks like the best wheeling/camping trip a person could do in there life time!! Im planning my trip out there for next year with some other wayalifers and hope that we can get some locals to run it with us!

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I won't lie, I have a feeling I'm gonna be beat being that we'll be doing this on the heals of our California Trail run but, I have no doubts it'll still be a ton of fun :yup:

I am super jealous of you guys that get to run this, it looks like the best wheeling/camping trip a person could do in there life time!! Im planning my trip out there for nest year with some other wayalifers and hope that we can get some locals to run it with us!

Let us know when you're planning to be out in our neck of the woods. Rubicon is just up the hill for me :yup:

noroad

I won't lie, I have a feeling I'm gonna be beat being that we'll be doing this on the heals of our California Trail run but, I have no doubts it'll still be a ton of fun :yup:

Let us know when you're planning to be out in our neck of the woods. Rubicon is just up the hill for me :yup:

That would be great!!! I am working on travel plans and such now, its a little early to post up suff, was thinking in dec! But as of now thinking of between June and August! Any suggestions to narrow that down, never been out there in the summer

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That would be great!!! I am working on travel plans and such now, its a little early to post up suff, was thinking in dec! But as of now thinking of between June and August! Any suggestions to narrow that down, never been out there in the summer

December is a terrible month to run the Rubicon and if we get back up to having a normal snow year, most likely not possible. Summer is the best time to do it and you need to know that you cannot run the Rubicon the last week of July or the first week of August as the prior is the Jeepers Jamboree and the later the Jeep Jamboree and both events take over the trail. Coming from as far away as you are, I know it would be hard to plan accordingly but, running the trail on a weekend can be somewhat of a traffic nightmare. Just some food for thought.

noroad

December is a terrible month to run the Rubicon and if we get back up to having a normal snow year, most likely not possible. Summer is the best time to do it and you need to know that you cannot run the Rubicon the last week of July or the first week of August as the prior is the Jeepers Jamboree and the later the Jeep Jamboree and both events take over the trail. Coming from as far away as you are, I know it would be hard to plan accordingly but, running the trail on a weekend can be somewhat of a traffic nightmare. Just some food for thought.

Hahaha I would never run the rubicon in December haha crappy camping, I was saying that was when i would post up for all my findings and plans! I deff want to run it before the jamboree and a mid week run was what i had in mind, as it is a little easier driving through major cities on the weekend to get out there! So you think last week of july is the best time to run it!

Thanks for the tips!

Trail Bud

Hooked

I was thinking the same thing, road lag, trip lag, good times, but great scenery and more good times awaits us at the end of the trip. :beer:

SteelBadger

Never gets old

Just watched this again for about the 150th time LOL. I can't believe this is 6 years old. I remember watching it in in 2011 I think.
This and Maple Honey rekindled my long time dream to own a Jeep.

June 2013 it became a reality.

Thanks Eddie and Cindy for these and all the other great movies.

I wonder if all these folks are still Jeeping. Well I know some are as they are active on the forum and in later videos but what of the rest?

Top Bottom