airing down 35s?

JeepNfish20

I have 35x12.50R17lt bf goodrich km2 mud terrains on Mamba M4 simulated beadlocks (non functional).I was wondering what I should air down to for offroading. Regular driving I keep them at 28 and was wondering how low I can go with no issues?
Thanks

GraniteCrystal

I've heard of guys going down to 10psi on non-beadlocks but I probably wouldn't. If you look at the benefits, you get most of them buy going down to 20psi, not a lot after that till you start getting below ~12psi. I'd go down to 20psi and call it good.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

Journeyman

Airing down to only 20 psi your not going to see much benefit. I take my 35's down 12 on a regular basis and no issues. Even 10 sometimes, it just depends on what I'm doing. Obviously at lower pressures I try to not lean on the side walls to much.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

15psi seems to be the magic number. Thats what Ive done with 315's and stock Rubi wheels. No issues

ob_tj

I know I don't have 35s but I air my 33×12.50r15s down to 8 psi. I hack yet to roll a bead. 1476049146937.jpg

BigBoy

The narrower the wheel the safer you are at lower pressures, typically. There are no guarantees, but I've had no issues wth 10 psi on 8" wide wheels. Not sure I would go that low with say a 10" wide wheel and have the same confidence. That being said terrain can play a big part too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JoeB-JKURX

I usually do 12 psi with 35x12.50 KM2s on 17x9 wheels (on the rocks) - no problems. A friend with 315R17 Duratracs running 10 psi had a sidewall pinch flat (brand new tire) on the same rocks.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
I have the same tires I run them at 28psi for daily driving. When off-roading I run the rear at 10psi front around 12psi with no problems so far. I have even went down to 8psi on all four tires without any issues. None bead locks

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom