Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: XJ CRWLER - The Unending Journey

Had an interesting weekend. I drained a lot of rusty water out of the radiator, not too happy about that I thought the last guys that touched it put an anti-freeze mix in there but apparently not; still working on trying to flush it out properly - if anyone's got any techniques I'm keen to hear them.

Anyway I went for a little cruise down the street and back, a quiet one at that (since the rear diff is only tacked up). No issues to report here.

Here's a snap I took next to my JK.

IMG_20170317_171552.jpg

Oh another note I really need to get on to ordering some new springs! At this stage I've roughly calculated 200 / 200 upfront and 150 / 200 rear, however if there's someone out there that's good at calculating spring rates here's the information I have for the corner weights of the vehicle:

1300lb 1350lb - 14" front coilovers sit vertical and plumb. Front links are 34" long.

1100lb 1150lb - 14" rear coilovers sit vertical, plumb with approx. and 10-15 degree inwards toward the center of the vehicle. Rear links are 39.5"' long.

Sorry guys, had some slow progress again. There will be some more posts soon, loaded her up for another round of welding to be done on Monday. More pics coming soon!

IMG_20170508_074841.jpg

IMG_20170508_074859.jpg

IMG_20170508_074916.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wow that's thing is cool. That a lot of work you did there, looks awesome and I bet it performs just as good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Progress photos! What everyone loves in any project/build..

Diff out, welded up, paint and put back in... It's a beautiful thing!

arr1.jpg

arr2.jpg

and yes I do have a stubborn bump stop!

arr4.jpg

arr5.jpg

arr6.jpg

Links also painted

arr7.jpg

Reassembly

arr8.jpg

arr10.jpg

arr11.jpg

Now on to fixing up the rear boot seal, custom steel trim was added to assist retaining the rubber boot seal

Spin her round and back in the shed..

arr12.jpg

arr14.jpg

arr17.jpg

Lick of paint to prevent rust..

arr19.jpg

Rubber boot seal test install, victory!

arr21.jpg

arr23.jpg

arr24.jpg

The true test will be out in the rain or under the pressure of a hose!

Great work. That thing looks amazing.
    Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234