General Grabber Red Lettering. Feedback?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I found a deal on Craigslist, on four 35 inch General Grabber Red Lettering tires. Anyone ran these? Are they any good, or do they suck. The price is so low, it worries me, but if they are good tires, I may pick them up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kalums

Had a set on my 08 two door. nothing exceptional, decent tires. I changed them out for the AT2s after 18 months. Between the two of them, the RLs were a harder ride and the AT2s were a much softer rubber (physically) no chunking or any problems like that just softer material. I'de run either set again. I will say the AT2s were much better in the rain.

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Had a set on my 08 two door. nothing exceptional, decent tires. I changed them out for the AT2s after 18 months. Between the two of them, the RLs were a harder ride and the AT2s were a much softer rubber (physically) no chunking or any problems like that just softer material. I'de run either set again. I will say the AT2s were much better in the rain.

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

The General Tires I've run in the past, have been decent. This guy wants $375 for a set of 4, that have low miles on them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speeddmn

If these are the big blocky tread design, I would weigh heavily on weather. I have zero personal experience with these tires, but I looked into them for awhile. The reviews Ive read said, tough as nails, great traction, heavy as an elephant! Also horrible in snow, rain, cold weather!

If you just want a cheap set to beat on the rocks, then sure, otherwise I'd invest into a better all around tire.

10abadilla/jk

I agree with speeddmn. A lot of people run them around my part of town and it's pretty dry out here. But when it does rain they say the traction sucks. But they like them otherwise. I should mention most of the guys running them here are in chevys and Toyota's. They go for that trophy style. But non the less this is about the tire. Seems like a decent deal to me depending on your weather.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I went wheeling with a guy with those red letter grabbers in 35's. I followed him all day. It was snowing and mud. He was constantly having traction issues. I had to strap him a few times. He's the only guy out of the 6 that needed to use his winch to get up a particular hill climb. The rest of us walked right up. My duratracs are the best tires I've ever used in light mud/snow. So it depends on what you're going to use them for.

Here he is stuck (again).

Last edited:

Byte

Yup agree with what's already been said. Again, no personal driving experience on them but have known a few people that tried them. Great for dirt and dry weather. Not so great in the mud, snow & rain. I would think their niche would be on fast and dry desert roads that aren't too loose and that's about it.

dillard09

I have them on my Raptor and they have been a great tire. That being said I have not been in the rocks with them. On dirt they do very well. In the rain they are fair. I have about 40k on them and rotate with every oil change and can prob get another 10k out of them. So they wear very well. I wouldn't hesitate to get them again on my truck.

jeff_in_rc

Out here in the desert of southern California they are one of the best tires around and they out perform every other tire. With that said I have no idea how they work in the rain, mud or snow as we have little of each of those here.

When it was time to replace the Goodyear MTR's that were on my TJ a friend loaned me his set of General's and I ran them for a weekend and the decision was made. I have not in any way regretted that decision.

For that kind of money you really can't go wrong in my book.

There is one thing I don't like about the tires, the "General" and "Grabber" labels are only stickers and they will rub off in time. Not a big deal to me!

Top Bottom