Wave From Edmonton, Alberta

JKing

Hey guys, brand new to the forum, seen quite a few of your videos however and hoping I can make some contacts for future rides.

This is my baby, "Rubi", a 2013 model, not the most creative name but it was my old coworkers that named her so I wanted to appreciate it.

This is my first Wrangler, I bought her used with 28000kms, clean record for 200$ CAD above blackbook, essentially a steal.

I did/do all the work myself in my driveway or anywhere I can find a "relatively" dry non snowy place...

I am not a mechanic, I just read instructions or watch youtube, and I am not afraid to drill, cut, grind, to make things work.

These first 4 photos are about 10 minutes prior to the post, and it just so happens to want to snow...

2u9k237.jpg

254wzls.jpg

2130pd5.jpg

ncim48.jpg

2zokh34.jpg

142spwz.jpg

I have tons of plans for Rubi, and "love" working on some of the components, especially when their not designed to go together and making-them-fit is a cross between being creative and ridiculously frustrated.

I come to these forums to make new friends in the community, learn good tips from others mistakes and hopefully share my own for someone else learning to wreck their JK.

Welcome to WAL from Houston. And thanks for the input on the Cobra 29 already! I like that dual battery set-up...been looking into doing the same to run all the shit that drains my battery lol. Is that the genesis package?

JKing

Yes it is, with the G Screen as well, 2 PC1500 Odyssey Batteries, really simple install as well.

Works like a dream and with those bats I am rarely at 14.3v, usually run around 14.5/6.

Having the ability to boost myself from inside the cab is quite nice too.

bthomas

Welcome from Arizona! Since it's already snowing there, I won't say anything about it being sunny and 70f degrees here right now. Oops, sorry! [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom