Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming: WhiteWalker Build

Winter Is Coming: WhiteWalker Build

I figured this might be a good time to start a build thread. I'm planning a few upgrades by the end of the year and I want to make sure I get it done right the first time with the help of our awesome community. I have already installed a Cobra 75 and now I'm working on two projects, the replacement of stock fenders with MetalCloak Overline fenders. At this time the way we plan on wheeling metal fenders won't be a hazard, this may change if we move out west where we can get out more. The second project that I'm getting off the ground is a lift. I have been talking to Wes at Trail Jeeps and got some great information, however I was advised to replace the stock DS with a 1310 and based on the experience of others and a couple post's by Eddie it seems like that would be a bad idea. I'm not opposed to going to the 1350, I'm leaning towards Adams, so I can only assume Wes recommended the 1310 believing it to be stronger than stock and within my budget. I'll call when I get off. Anyway the current, in process, and future (by 1 Dec 2016) build sheet is as follows:

Cobra 75wxst (installed)
    Rugged Ridge CB mount (installed)
    18' RG-58A/U Coaxial Cable (installed)
    Firestik II 4' (installed)
    Firestik K-A4 CB Antenna stud mount (installed)
    Metalcloak Rear Fender EXO Skin (still in paint process)
    Metalcloak Overline Rear Fender (still in paint process)
    Metalcloak Overline Tube Fender (still in paint process)
    Metalcloak 8" Overline Front Flare (still in paint process)
    Evo Enforcer 3" lift kit (pending final purchase quote, Trail Jeeps)
    Rancho RS9000XL Shocks Front & Rear (pending lift kit purchase)
    Adams 1310/1350 DS (pending more research/advice)
    1.5" Wheel spacers (pending final purchase quote, Trail Jeeps)

Any advice on the DS is welcome, I want to get this right the first time as I said before. Thanks for stopping by.

IMG_1476741008.198095.jpg

If you're going to get am aftermarket front driveshaft at the same time of your lift, don't waste your money on a 1310. Just go straight to a 1350. Very nice part list, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    B.O.D. Build - 2014 Granite Crystal JKU - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...t-Build-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_JK_Houston_711 View Post
    If you're going to get am aftermarket front driveshaft at the same time of your lift, don't waste your money on a 1310. Just go straight to a 1350. Very nice part list, good luck!

I thought the same thing and everything on here says the same thing, I wasn't sure if I was missing something though.

I'd also think about the 3" Enforcer. You sticking with 35s? If you want to do 37s, seems like most guys run the 4" to do so

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
    http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R3D4UM View Post
    I thought the same thing and everything on here says the same thing, I wasn't sure if I was missing something though.

You can run a 1310, but why not go ahead and get a 1350? It isn't that much more $$

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Been Around the Block blackrubi14's Avatar
    As others have said, go 1350 and be done with it. Stock is 1330, so why go smaller if you're replacing......

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    I'd also think about the 3" Enforcer. You sticking with 35s? If you want to do 37s, seems like most guys run the 4" to do so

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
    http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404
    I think we are content with 35s. I plan on purchasing another Wrangler in the future so on that one we may go bigger but for my wife's daily driver I think 35s will be large enough. I did think about the 4" though even with only going up to 35s.

It looks like you have a good foundation going here and if your plan is for 35's, I'd say you've thought of everything. You could even skip the rear D/S for now and just upgrade the front. No harm in that.

The only thing really lacking here is some extra protection for your oil pan and transmission (I'm assuming it's an auto). Look into Evo's oil pan and trans skid for a good and cheap upgrade. Those 2 are about $250 and give piece of mind when you hear the belly scrape a rock. Rockhard also makes a really good skid system with more coverage, but it's a little pricier.

Nothing but a Thing Sheaffadelic's Avatar
    Love the name!!! and i am currently running an adams 1310... since i havent regeared yetand with 37s i wanted to make the ujoint on my driveshaft the weak point in my driveline instead of my ring and pinion so if anything does fail all i need to do it remove the front shaft and drive home... IMO and for my scenario it was the smart move and Cozdude is running the same thing (1310) just my
    #MiaKhalifa

Quote Originally Posted by Sheaffadelic View Post
    Love the name!!! and i am currently running an adams 1310... since i havent regeared yetand with 37s i wanted to make the ujoint on my driveshaft the weak point in my driveline instead of my ring and pinion so if anything does fail all i need to do it remove the front shaft and drive home... IMO and for my scenario it was the smart move and Cozdude is running the same thing (1310) just my
    Lol. That was my thinking too as far as the weak point. I ordered my PR with a 1310 yoke. If it breaks, I will upgrade in the future, but since I already have a 1310 that works well, I figured I might as well keep it for now.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast