The TRUE Face of the all NEW 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
...or, at least that what's Autoblog is reporting. Supposedly, this image comes from a poster at a Jeep dealer meeting highlighting the 2018 lineup. What do you think?

jeepjlwranglerface-b02-kgp-ed-1.jpg

jeepjlwranglerface-b03-kgp-ed-1.jpg

These images come from a purported Jeep dealer meeting and show a poster detailing the brand's future lineup. Along with a look at the range-topping Grand Wagoneer, we can see the next-generation Wrangler, code-named JL, and its updated design front and rear.

To the surprise of no one, the Wrangler will keep its seven-slot grille and round headlights. To those it adds some modern updates, like the LED light bars on the leading edge of the front fenders. (Given the 2017 LED headlight upgrade, we can bet the low- and high-beams also will use LED tech.) The taillights get an X design like those on the Renegade crossover. The overall shape seems to be a bit more tapered and smoothed, which is most evident in the shape of the sides of the windshield. We know from spy photos that the windshield has been laid back more, likely leading to improved aerodynamics and reduced fuel consumption.

As a refresher, we expect the 2018 Wrangler to again come in two-door and Unlimited four-door models. It will have at least one gas engine, including a new turbocharged Hurricane four-cylinder, as well as a diesel option. Most if not all of the engines will be paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission, and a manual is likely to be retained on at least some models. A pickup version has also been confirmed. The new Wrangler is likely to be shown in early 2017, possibly at the Detroit auto show in January.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/10/18/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-design-dealer-leak/#slide-4236925

A few more images from the poster
jeepjlwranglerface-b01-kgp-ed-1.jpg

jeepgrwagoneerface-b07-kgp-ed-copy-1.jpg

And finally, here are some shots of a scale model of the JL or at least, a version of it.
R5DSrQb-edit.jpg

UFOYz7u.jpg

Attachments

• JL.jpg
    JL.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,817

Napalm

Are those LED DRLs in the fenders I'm assuming?

In my opinion, I've never been a fan of those.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are those LED DRLs in the fenders I'm assuming?

In my opinion, I've never been a fan of those.

Looks that way. Being that I'd end up trimming my fenders, they'll be one of the first things to go. Guess I'll have to start looking into relocating some lights onto the grill :crazyeyes:

WJCO

Meme King
I noticed those lights first too. I don't like them. I would like to see the tail lights though. My wife and I were just talking about renegade tail lights on a wrangler. Not sure if it would look good or not.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Sorry, non-JL question. Is that a grand wagoneer to the far right? It sure looks a hell of a lot wider than a grand cherokee.

Ddays

Hooked
Hmmm. I'm beginning to wonder if FCA is deliberately NOT changing the look/layout much because of how much of a runaway success the JK has been. The aftermarket parts are unparalled at this point so are they throwing a gigantic bone to the both the Jeep and aftermarket communities by not doing a complete makeover?

Recurve

Looks that way. Being that I'd end up trimming my fenders, they'll be one of the first things to go. Guess I'll have to start looking into relocating some lights onto the grill :crazyeyes:

Okay, so use a jk grill and lights, modify to fit...

Lol I feel with all the discussions we have about the JL , we cutting it away and essentially turning it back into a JK.

So that begs the question, are we getting a new JL for looks, or for a different/new engine?

I'm thinking the latter of the two

Top Bottom