Crawler Conceptz front bumpers

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Getting close to buying a front bumper , most likely going with a Crawler Conceptz Skinny or Ultra series. Has anyone installed the Skinny series ? IMG_1476940176.849132.jpg
You have to trim the frame with Skinny series and no trimming on the Ultra. Just wondering how much has to be trimmed and can it be done with sawzall? Share pictures if you have some. Thanks

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I haven't installed one but know you have to cut off two inches of frame rail and the front cross member. You can use a sawzall, angle grinder, or any other metal cutting device you prefer. If you don't have a grinder it might be a little tougher to get the frame smooth from where you cut the crossmember out so keep that in mind. I'm still running my stock HR bumper but will eventually go to the skinny series. If you notice the similarity to PSC it's because the guy that runs crawler concepts is the same guy that designed Poison Spyders stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jmatta33

I haven't installed one but know you have to cut off two inches of frame rail and the front cross member. You can use a sawzall, angle grinder, or any other metal cutting device you prefer. If you don't have a grinder it might be a little tougher to get the frame smooth from where you cut the crossmember out so keep that in mind. I'm still running my stock HR bumper but will eventually go to the skinny series. If you notice the similarity to PSC it's because the guy that runs crawler concepts is the same guy that designed Poison Spyders stuff.

If this is the case I would strongly recommend you consider your options. I currently have a PSC BFH Bumper which I love, BUT after you cut the frame there is pretty much no going back. So if this is the bumper you want, just make sure that it is your "forever bumper" lol. If I had it to do over again I would have gotten the EVO bumper. Now I will be running a PSC bumper and the rest of my armor is going to be EVO and let me tell you, as a person with OCD, it is going to drive me insane!

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
If this is the case I would strongly recommend you consider your options. I currently have a PSC BFH Bumper which I love, BUT after you cut the frame there is pretty much no going back. So if this is the bumper you want, just make sure that it is your "forever bumper" lol. If I had it to do over again I would have gotten the EVO bumper. Now I will be running a PSC bumper and the rest of my armor is going to be EVO and let me tell you, as a person with OCD, it is going to drive me insane!

While it is a big deal to cut the frame, if you really wanted to go back, the frame horns and crossmember could be welded back on if someone really wanted.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Cross member? That thing that holds on the air dam? If I remember correctly, that needs to be cut off with the evo bumper too. It doesn't seem like the crossmember is really that beneficial.

Sullivan

The crash bar is what gets cut off. But the psc and CC bumper require a few inches of the frame to be cut. It's not that big of a deal to me, but some may not like it.
The only way to get the approach angle that those bumpers allow is to cut the frame.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
The crash bar is what gets cut off. But the psc and CC bumper require a few inches of the frame to be cut. It's not that big of a deal to me, but some may not like it.
The only way to get the approach angle that those bumpers allow is to cut the frame.

Yea, I tend to agree with you. I don't think it's a big deal to cut off the crash bar or 2" of the frame horns.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug

I like the EVO 1/4 pounder a lot but the price difference has swayed me to the Crawler Conceptz. Guess all of my add ons will be a mix of EVO, CC and Rustys. Lol

desertrunner

here is a thread i did to cut the frame to fit the BFH stinger
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?12531-Poison-Spyder-BFH-w-trail-stinger
really wasnt that bad didnt take too long just used a cheap angle grinder and i think i went through 2 cut off wheels but as said before once you cut it there is no going back so you better really like that bumper. Which is why on my new JK i am not going to go that route for now and im looking into the Ultra series front stinger

Flynlo

I've had the CC Skinny series with the bull bar on mine for about 6ish months and I love it. Cutting the horns was easily done with a 3" wheel but I had to grind down the tops and bottom of the frame so the bumper could slide on. It was a tight fit and took some persuasion but it's on there.
IMG_0725_zps3hgr3tvu.jpg

SPOOOBY

IMG_1479253613.324671.jpg with my posion spyder brawler 2 you don't cut anything and even keep the crash bar

If you're not living your dead already!

Rubicon310

I just installed a CC ultra front bumper and did not need to cut the horns. But, if mounting a Zeon winch, you will need to cut a small triangle section on the horns.

Sorry, new the forum so I can't upload pics right now.

I love the design of the bumper. Also, I didn't need to trim anything to slide the bumper on like mentioned above.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
I went with the Skinny series with stinger. IMG_1479268838.395025.jpg IMG_1479268865.685981.jpg
Getting primed and ready to paint, hope to get it on tomorrow . Have to cut 2 inches off frame and enlarge 2 holes and drill couple more

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

onebadtwo

I went with the Skinny Series... Ive been very happy with it! It wasn't a bad install. I just picked up the rear and the fairlead mount from the powdercoater last weekend. I hope to have the rear installed here in a few weeks.
IMG_1970.JPG

desertrunner

So what is the real difference between crawler conceptz and poison spyder? I read somewhere that it's the same designer? Which is why they look so similar? I'm thinking about about going with one of their front bumpers but haven't heard much about them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom