making stock carrier survice a 35 temporarily

SoCalDozer

So I finally made up my mind about what to do when I return home and Im going to 35's and regearing and adding a rear locker.
Is there a way to make my stock carrier survive for a bit while I save up more cash to get a OrFab carrier or something?
was looking at the MBRP reinforcement kit as well.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So I finally made up my mind about what to do when I return home and Im going to 35's and regearing and adding a rear locker.
Is there a way to make my stock carrier survive for a bit while I save up more cash to get a OrFab carrier or something?
was looking at the MBRP reinforcement kit as well.

Are you talking spare tire carrier? If so it will last a while with just on road driving. I wouldn't worry too much about it but you could always not run a spare while on the road and just put it on if you go on a trip or something.

rinkishjk

I have had my 35 on my stock carrier for about two years and its still solid.
I havent hit it wheeling and im sure thats the only reason its still ok.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Same here I ran my stock carrier for close to a year including a few wheeling trips and it did fine. I went with the OR-Fab tire/ can carrier and does great.

SoCalDozer

okay thats good news then. I just didnt want to shell out more cash right now on top of the other money.
I am just using the Daystar bumps on my carrier right now so it doesnt flop around and they helped a lot.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
okay thats good news then. I just didnt want to shell out more cash right now on top of the other money.
I am just using the Daystar bumps on my carrier right now so it doesnt flop around and they helped a lot.

That's the most important thing you can do to make it work. It's the spare jiggling around that does all the damage. Making sure that the spare is pushed firmly up against the isolators will help make it last a lot longer.

Top Bottom