Rock Crawler lift

J

JKDream

Yeah, I would probably go 35 but 37 might be down the road...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

You'll be fine with either tire size on that lift.
Most lifts actually net more than advertised, and Rock Krawler being good quality I would assume you'd be in the 3-3.5 actual mark.
I'm at ~2.5 actual lift at the moment on 37 kevlars.

Napalm

Below is my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

The kit you have linked is a very expensive kit for the amount of lift that you get. If it is the price that it says it is, for what you'd pay for that you could get a 3 inch EVO Enforcer for less.

If you are looking for a 2.5 inch lift, to run 35s, and only do mild off-roading with mostly daily driving, I'd look into something different.

Here are a few suggestions:
EVO leveling kit
Any 2.5inch spacer lift budget boost
Rancho 2 inch lift

You can run 35s with these, and they will suit you fine for mild off roading and they will give you good on road performance for your daily driving. Plus, they will save you a TON so when you are ready to upgrade, you'll have funds for that.

Just my 2 cents.

Ddays

Hooked
Being that he's on a limited budget and he's looking at 35's he can trim fenders and go with a budget boost. No need to change all 8 arms out. Especially on that short of a lift. Even look at a Enforcer 3" kit.

37's are a different story altogether....

Edit - Napalm already laid the facts down

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You'll be fine with either tire size on that lift.
Most lifts actually net more than advertised, and Rock Krawler being good quality I would assume you'd be in the 3-3.5 actual mark.
I'm at ~2.5 actual lift at the moment on 37 kevlars.

I don't know if I'd agree with that. 37's maybe IF he were to trim his fender flares.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I'm ready for a little lift and am looking at the Rock Crawler 2.5" stock mod with RRD shocks as a good place to start.

http://www.rockkrawler.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=JK25SM-4S1

Money is an issue at the moment and this system looks quite good and upgradeable in the future.

Anyone have it and care to comment? My 2011 JKU is a DD and mild to moderate off-road weekend toy.

Thanks!

Tim

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Being that money is an issue, I might recommend you look at a coil spacer lift. That'll get you up on 35's for a lot less and based on what you're saying, it's probably all you'll need.

Ddays

Hooked
I'd skip the rock crawler crap and go with what Napalm or Ddays said.

LOL, well I do run a RK kit and even though I've bitched, moaned, and whined about it in the past, now that its finally sorted out it does perform pretty well. Having said that, for a 2.5" kit I wouldn't change all 8 arms out. And if I was buying another kit and I really wanted to change all 8 arms out I'd probably go with a Currie kit instead because of the Johnny Joints.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
LOL, well I do run a RK kit and even though I've bitched, moaned, and whined about it in the past, now that its finally sorted out it does perform pretty well. Having said that, for a 2.5" kit I wouldn't change all 8 arms out. And if I was buying another kit and I really wanted to change all 8 arms out I'd probably go with a Currie kit instead because of the Johnny Joints.

Nah, go with Teraflex. They are the best. [emoji106]

OneT

Although I may be a bit biased because I run it personally and live in the state it is made.. Have you looking into the 2.5" JKS Jspec kit?

SPOOOBY

Just put on rock krawler fenders , or trim yours with 35,save up for suspension,no lift needed

If your not living and having fun,your dead already

Beav068

I appreciate the suggestions everyone. I guess I might need to backup and say that I really would like 3-4 inches of lift, and definitely want a better off-road ride without sacrificing the on-road experience. My JKU is bone stock. I know I need a new sway bar link on the driver side. Where would you highly intelligent, experienced Jeep freaks suggest I start. And by the way, in my world that comment is considered a great compliment, so don't be offended. :thumb:

And I could go up to around $1k. Two kids in college that just graduated 12 years of private school means I don't have much in the way of cash.

Ddays

Hooked
I appreciate the suggestions everyone. I guess I might need to backup and say that I really would like 3-4 inches of lift, and definitely want a better off-road ride without sacrificing the on-road experience. My JKU is bone stock. I know I need a new sway bar link on the driver side. Where would you highly intelligent, experienced Jeep freaks suggest I start. And by the way, in my world that comment is considered a great compliment, so don't be offended. :thumb:

And I could go up to around $1k. Two kids in college that just graduated 12 years of private school means I don't have much in the way of cash.

Well I'm hardly one of the guys you described above, but it sounds like its gonna be awfully hard to do what you want with just $1000. I mean you still have to get tires and if you're considering 3-4" of lift (too much for 35's BTW) then you're looking at drag ling flips, relocation brackets, possibly new front DS, etc. I sympathize with ya on the low funds but why not save up & do what you really want?

SPOOOBY

Short arm and 3" springs,extended brake lines,with bump stops? Then you still have to buy tires[emoji85]

If your not living and having fun,your dead already

Top Bottom