Jk O2 Sensor Eliminator "Magnum EZ CEL FIX Oxygen sensor simulator 07-11 model

MickyT

Hi

Has anybody got any experience to de-cat a JK 3.8 Auto? I am from SA we don't have same restriction as you re Cat removals etc but we have a very week rand se to fit a S/C to a jeep you almost have to sell your house:blush:
I am looking for other ways to increase torque and HP other than forced induction and opening up a decent diff to change ratios.
I know my JK wont be a race car but when I tow and yo get a serious uphill you can sometimes be slower than an 18 wheeler...
I have JKUR with 3.5 AEV kit and 35" tyres current diff ratios 4.1 and when wheeling she does just fine but when towing she is a bit ......worse than slow

so de cat long tube headers free flow exhaust are things I am considering

Your thoughts on this?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hi

Has anybody got any experience to de-cat a JK 3.8 Auto? I am from SA we don't have same restriction as you re Cat removals etc but we have a very week rand se to fit a S/C to a jeep you almost have to sell your house:blush:
I am looking for other ways to increase torque and HP other than forced induction and opening up a decent diff to change ratios.
I know my JK wont be a race car but when I tow and yo get a serious uphill you can sometimes be slower than an 18 wheeler...
I have JKUR with 3.5 AEV kit and 35" tyres current diff ratios 4.1 and when wheeling she does just fine but when towing she is a bit ......worse than slow

so de cat long tube headers free flow exhaust are things I am considering

Your thoughts on this?

Cats don't really restrict air flow from my experience to warrant removing them.

What I would suggest is to regear your axles to a lower ratio to make it easier to tow with. You will then notice the benefits of it on the trail as well.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cats don't really restrict air flow from my experience to warrant removing them.

What I would suggest is to regear your axles to a lower ratio to make it easier to tow with. You will then notice the benefits of it on the trail as well.

This is not entirely correct.
A clogged (failed) cat most definitely will restrict exhaust flow and can cause power loss to the point of stalling the engine. The reasons for the clog are what need to be diagnosed and ultimately fixed.

However, I would agree that in this case a re-gear would help the OP find his happy place. A free flowing exhaust is not a bad thing per-se, however his reason to remove the cats seems like it won't really solve his problem in this instance.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
This is not entirely correct.
A clogged (failed) cat most definitely will restrict exhaust flow and can cause power loss to the point of stalling the engine. The reasons for the clog are what need to be diagnosed and ultimately fixed.

However, I would agree that in this case a re-gear would help the OP find his happy place. A free flowing exhaust is not a bad thing per-se, however his reason to remove the cats seems like it won't really solve his problem in this instance.

Very true if it's clogged it will but you need to find the cause of the clog. Mainly it's from the engine running to rich and dumping fuel

MickyT

Very true if it's clogged it will but you need to find the cause of the clog. Mainly it's from the engine running to rich and dumping fuel

Thanks again for the reply's. Much appreciated

My motor has about 120 000km on it. I would think the cats wont be tip top anymore. When I modified my Ford ST. I gained massive HP (considering small engine) from De cat and free flow plus headers. hence I thought I could do the same here.

I guess re gear is inevitable for me then

Thanks again

Top Bottom