Jk damage

NastyNate

Ok so I'm sorry if this is the wrong spot
I got T boned taking my kids to football practice by a guy doing 60 running a red light IMG_1477405360.840078.jpg
I need to know from anyone with experience why to expect or do.
None of the doors shut on the passenger side and all the body lines are way off .
Again sorry if this is the wrong spot

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jmatta33

I got T boned taking my kids to football practice by a guy doing 60 running a red light View attachment 228369
None of the doors shut on the passenger side and all the body lines are way off .

Have you already had an Insurance company come out for an estimate? I am not positive but the damage to the body under the door could end up totaling it out. I would think they would have to replace the whole tub and that is going to cost way more in labor and parts than the value of the Jeep... Plus the doors themselves from the factory plus paint are a couple grand alone. I don't have any personal experience with this type of accident but I feel like this will be considered a total loss even though it doesn't really look all that bad. Maybe someone else can chime in that has had similar damage?

WJCO

Meme King
I hope you filed a police report and got the other driver's insurance info. Make sure that the adjuster that looks at your Jeep, documents and photographs all of that evidence. Chances are that their adjuster and your adjuster will come and take photos of it. Usually the easiest thing to do is go through your own insurance company (your agent will give you options). They will pay for all of it minus your deductible. Then when your insurance company fights with the other parties, they will eventually get all the money and refund you your deductible at that time.

Napalm

Sounds like it wasn't your fault. Have an insurance adjuster look at it and then take it to a reputable body shop and have the repair work done.

Sorry about your collision. Hope everyone involved was okay.

Ddays

Hooked
I was in an accident but I t-boned someone that pulled in front of me. So, different circumstances but I would expect like me you will have significant frame damage on a side hit like that. They replaced my frame because it was diamonded (is that even a word?) so bad.
If they can't straighten yours out I would think they'd do the same for you. My doors also wouldn't close but they were able to straighten the body out. These hold their value so well that they will most likely repair yours fully. I had over $10k worth of damage and
State Farm didn't bat an eye repairing it.

WJCO

Meme King
I got T boned taking my kids to football practice by a guy doing 60 running a red light .

Also, I assume that you already called your insurance company?

ScoobyCarolanNC

Hope you & the kids are ok. Don't accept any kind of payment from the other insurer! It basically means you've settled directly with them. Have your company handle it.

Sent from my duck blind.

NastyNate

Thanks everyone Kids were ok
Police kept us separate he was ticketed for the red light and speeding and admitted guilt
I did not get his info but the officer said it would all go in the police report . I called my insurance and they said to go through them me they would go after the other driver

JSTJPN

One thing is for certain. That BMW is crushed like a soda can and your jeep still looks pretty good after a high speed impact.

It would have been much worse if you were at stock height and no rock rails.

Trail ready and BMW proof.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Glad you guys are ok. I got tboned in a similar situation I'm my tj a long time ago. Seemed drivable but the frame was bent. Ended up with a new tj and money for punitive which helped pay for next tj lift and tires. Hope it goes well for you.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I got T boned taking my kids to football practice by a guy doing 60 running a red light View attachment 228369

First off, I'm glad everybody was OK.

Secondly, from the impact forces that I see it looks like the impact was at 20 mph not 60 miles an hour. The BMWs airbags did not deploy and it looks like his vehicle nosed underneath the centerline of your vehicle.

I can tell the way that the tops of the doors are bowed out that you do have significant body damage underneath the doors, with pillar movement. Your JK is NOT a total loss though.

You might want to call the police department and see if they will release the "face page", which will contain the identification and insurance information of the at fault driver. If you obtained the license plate of the other vehicle (maybe in a photo?) you can have your own insurance company run the plate to begin that process.

Hit me up with any other questions via PM if you like. As I am on vacation, I will get to it as fast as I can.

Kalums

I'm glad that no one was seriously injured, one thing to remember if you had any kids in car seats, a decent insurance company replaces them at 100%.
Everything I see something like this it makes me want to get the full rock hard interior cage and install 5 point harnesses for everyone...
Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I'm glad that no one was seriously injured, one thing to remember if you had any kids in car seats, a decent insurance company replaces them at 100%.
Everything I see something like this it makes me want to get the full rock hard interior cage and install 5 point harnesses for everyone...
Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yep, Car seats are usually replaced without question.

Top Bottom