JK Suspension Advice

Shaun_E

Hey all-

Need some advice/help with my "Frankenlift". I have a 2012 JK Sport (manual) and don't do much extreme off-roading but looking to clear my 305/70/17 (34") tires a little better and get rid of the factory rake. Now I don't mind doing the work myself and am perfectly capable of doing it but suspension has always been a little foreign to me (mostly just how everything works together).

My current coils are 14/55. I just got some 17/58 coils from a buddy that bought a new JKU and added a coil lift. I also bought a 1.75" leveling kit (1.75 front, .75 rear). The leveling kit has bumpstop extensions for front only. Lastly, I bought some Rancho RS9000 shocks (RS999329/RS999330) for 3" lift in front and 2.5" in rear.

So my questions. Knowing there is no guarantee how much lift (if any) I will get out of the new coils.

Will I be ok with the longer shocks?

Other than the front bumpstop extensions that came with the kit (they're maybe an inch), is there any other thing I should consider as it relates to bumpstops, i.e. longer, rear, etc.?

Finally sway bar links. I had considered buying new rears for the front since they are longer. Is this necessary?

Anything else I'm not thinking of I should consider? Any help at all is much appreciated!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Well I changed from 14/55 to 18/59's then added TF leveling puck kit. 2 1" pucks in front and 1 1" in rear. Running 255 stock Rubicons take offs and this is what mine looks like. I am pretty sure I could run a 35 and might have to trim a bit.

1476719436723.jpg

1476719419628.jpg

IMG_20160329_082633.jpg

Shaun_E

Well I changed from 14/55 to 18/59's then added TF leveling puck kit. 2 1" pucks in front and 1 1" in rear. Running 255 stock Rubicons take offs and this is what mine looks like. I am pretty sure I could run a 35 and might have to trim a bit.

View attachment 228763

View attachment 228764

View attachment 228765

Thanks man. Looks really good. I'm fairly certain you could run 35s on that setup with no issues. I've run 34s on mine with aftermarket wheels on a bone stock suspension with no issues at all.

I'm mostly concerned with the longer shocks I bought and if they'll be ok to run (not knowing exact lift height I will achieve). Also if I should get longer swaybar links up font?

Shaun_E

I'm using rubi shocks and links from tf leveling kit. You could get 2" longer shocks possibility or run adapters. I have some and not used yet.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks, man. I ordered some Rancho shocks for 3" lift up front and 2.5" rear. Was just curious if they may be too long and/or if I just need longer bumpstop extensions? Think I'll be ok but just wanted to see what folks on here thought. I appreciate the help.

aldaman

Swaybar links - The rears should be fine. As for the front, see if you can get an extra set of stock rears ones for cheap or free and use them for the front. Preferably the angle should be slightly above parallel or parallel at the least.

Longer shocks - One method to see if the shocks are too long is to cycle your suspension and see if you are getting too much droop from those shocks. (I.e. are your coils about to unseat/come off, are your ABS or brake lines over extended, etc)

:beer:

Top Bottom