Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spicy Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Is the suspension available for order in these colors? Are other colors available too? I've never seen an option other than the blue.
    My preference would be black and silver.

Attachment 231958
    No. you need to get them anodized or powder coated yourself
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Knows a Thing or Two Tylersilverjku's Avatar
    Is the suspension available for order in these colors? Are other colors available too? I've never seen an option other than the blue.
    My preference would be black and silver.

Attachment 231958
    I'm not sure about the shock itself but I know you can take the spring off and paint/powder coat them!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Darn, that's what I figured. Thought it'd be worth it to ask though. The black stickers had me wondering. Would he have had those made custom??

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    No. you need to get them anodized or powder coated yourself
    King will do any color you want but I think it's about $200 per shock.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    King will do any color you want but I think it's about $200 per shock.
    I'll be ok with blue then.

Thanks guys.

Just checked the King website where they say:

"At King Shocks everything we build is custom made for you so there are many choices available when you place your order. Our knowledgeable sales team will guide you through the ordering process where we explain all the options available. You can specify every aspect of your parts including, shock lengths, hose lengths, seal options, rod end styles, custom colors to match your paint scheme or any of the over 30 options available. From mild to wild we can build whatever you need."

One of the 30 options is black stickers.

Cool that options are available anyways.
    Even though they are probably out of my price range.

Knows a Thing or Two
    There used to be a king shock builder that would change the colors ect. On the fly so you could see the shock. I can't find it anymore but it was posted by someone on Facebook. Sucks cause it was pretty cool!

IIRC the shocks on Spicy Chicken are the new EVO/KING DSV shock. I saw a post somewhere about it being a different shock all together from the blue/aluminum bodied shocks... I dont think they are just colored different... But I could be wrong?
    Last edited by DWiggles; 11-30-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DWiggles View Post
    IIRC the shocks on Spicy Chicken are the new EVO/KING DSV shock. I saw a post somewhere about it being a different shock all together from the blue/aluminum bodied shocks... I dont think they are just colored different... But I could be wrong?
    Ya, I saw a recent EVO Facebook photo of those. Apart from the color, what is the difference between them and the blue we all know?

Ya, I saw a recent EVO Facebook photo of those. Apart from the color, what is the difference between them and the blue we all know?
    I'ed be lying if I told you I know the difference, but I THINK it has something to do with the valving, being that these are "DSV" shocks or "duel sport valving", opposed to the "standard offroad evolution" proprietary sport valving shocks? Needless to say, I'm curious as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12