The build of Abrams.

ROBnTANK

I'm about to get my build finally started on my 2015 JKU Rubicon. After a lot of research and forum advice given to others I have decided to go with the following:

EVO Enforcer 3 inch plush
EVO Drag Link flip
EVO C-gussets
Adam 1310 front shaft
Currie rear upper control arms
Fox 2.0 with reservoir shocks
Fox adventure series steering stab
Synergy ball joints
Synergy front adjustable track bar

Am I missing anything essential?

I should have everything tomorrow and will start the build next weekend. I am undecided on rims and tires. I am leaning towards BFG KO2 as I'll be 75% on-road. When I called up Discount Tire Direct and told them the rims I wanted they advised me the rims would not work because they have 4.75 of BS. They told me I need 4.50 of BS to avoid any rubbing. Is this true?

IMG_1477865479.758397.jpg

Stay posted for pictures!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Love the build list I think you'll love the way it turns out! And you will definitely rub alittle bit with the factory wheels(known from experience) just buy some spidertrax wheel spacers that'll put you wide enough to run stock wheels with the KO2s

Napalm

Nice!! You'll love the KO2s. I'm on my second set; this set I bought used with about 15k on them, and they still look great!! Not even half way through their tread life.

ROBnTANK

A whole pile of parts was dropped off by Brown Santa today. Immediately after Tank was dropped off at my local Jeep shop for Synergy ball joints and C-Gussets install. Should have it back tomorrow.

IMG_1477960055.276435.jpg

Last edited:

ROBnTANK

I have begun to disassemble the front suspension. Should be fun. If anyone is looking for some weekend entertainment I've got some extra wrenches.

IMG_1478303321.978269.jpg

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I'm about to get my build finally started on my 2015 JKU Rubicon. After a lot of research and forum advice given to others I have decided to go with the following:

EVO Enforcer 3 inch plush
EVO Drag Link flip
EVO C-gussets
Adam 1310 front shaft
Currie rear upper control arms
Fox 2.0 with reservoir shocks
Fox adventure series steering stab
Synergy ball joints
Synergy front adjustable track bar

Am I missing anything essential?

I should have everything tomorrow and will start the build next weekend. I am undecided on rims and tires. I am leaning towards BFG KO2 as I'll be 75% on-road. When I called up Discount Tire Direct and told them the rims I wanted they advised me the rims would not work because they have 4.75 of BS. They told me I need 4.50 of BS to avoid any rubbing. Is this true?

View attachment 228904

Stay posted for pictures!!

Mine have 4.75 backspace, and no problems, so far. Matt, with Discount Tire, said I'd be fine. It appears to be just enough for 35's. It may not be, should you choose to run something 13.5" wide, though.

ROBnTANK

Quick question, I'm second guessing myself. Instructions say install lower control arms with Zerks pointing upwards, the picture has the zerks pointing downwards. Any clue?

IMG_1478308531.749890.jpg

Top Bottom