Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
    I plan on getting one and using my iPad Mini that has wifi and bluetooth only by tethering it to my iPhone for LTE data. There are some offline maps you can download as well.

One thing to consider is the wifi only version of the iPad mini doesn't have a GPS receiver. It can moderately tell your position when connected to the internet but not very accurately. My app navigon lets you download maps of the entire country offline so no need to be connected to the internet for mapping but unless you have the cellular model it won't track your location. They do make Bluetooth gps modules that will do the job but that's just one more additional device to have to figure out where to mount and keep charged or powered.

Looks like it'll work fine for what I want. I did see that Carrich now has it on their website with the option to buy it directly from them. It does list for $139.99 so they definitely missed that $90 target.

https://www.carrichs.com/product/tdk616/
    Glad to see them offering it directly to consumers. Wish they would have told me they were planning that all along instead of sending me on a wild goose chase. Anyways I'm happy with it and would def buy again even at the higher price point.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport

One thing to consider is the wifi only version of the iPad mini doesn't have a GPS receiver. It can moderately tell your position when connected to the internet but not very accurately. My app navigon lets you download maps of the entire country offline so no need to be connected to the internet for mapping but unless you have the cellular model it won't track your location. They do make Bluetooth gps modules that will do the job but that's just one more additional device to have to figure out where to mount and keep charged or powered.

2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Been Around the Block
    Wonder which Android unit could fit?

Quote Originally Posted by jms632 View Post

This is correct. I have a bluetooth GPS antenna that I use on my ipad to give Fore Flight an accurate location when flying. Also works for maps and other apps that use location data.
    2015 Anvil Rubicon Unlimited
    Evo Mfg Double Throwdown suspension w/Evo Lever
    Evo Mfg high clearance long arms
    Evo Mfg PR60 high steer w/PSC hydraulic assist
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 front axle
    Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear axle
    ARB lockers & 5.38 gears
    JE Reel 1350 front/1410 rear driveshafts
    Evo Mfg rocker/corner armor/bumper
    17" ATX Slabs & 40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Proud to be one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001 - 2010. Semper Fi

Do they make a Tj model?