2016 SEMA : B&M Jeep JK Wrangler Manual Sport Shifter

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For all you guys running a manual transmission, I think you'll be happy to hear about this awesome new product that B&M released at the 2016 SEMA show. As you can see, it's a precision sport shifter for the Jeep JK Wrangler and it's designed to provide precision shifts, shorter throws and a more positive feel while driving off road. Best part is, it'll be offered for only $300.

20161106100743-cb5eef49-me.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How much shorter is the throw? I never thought of the jk shifter as being too long. It's not a race car after all [emoji848]

LOL!! It doesn't feel to bad with a 2011 and up but on an 2007-10, the throw was enough to cause you to hit a Daystar switch panel and prevent you from getting in gear. Maybe it's just me but I was never too fond of it and would welcome a shorter throw.

JeepJeep75

The Corvette side of my brain says "hell yea, a shorter throw shifter!". The Jeep side of my brain says "what's the rush?"... It does however have a huge cool-factor!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Corvette side of my brain says "hell yea, a shorter throw shifter!". The Jeep side of my brain says "what's the rush?"... It does however have a huge cool-factor!

LOL!! Maybe it's just but but in addition to exploring and rock crawling, there is a side of me that enjoys bombing through the desert :crazyeyes:

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
whats the point of having a short throw if you are limited by the slow action of the clutch? ......... If you were to have a racing Jeep with fast clutch and lever action you have to change everything out.....might as well get a Ferrari or McLaren to enjoy the action......just saying. :D

KJ_CJtoJK

If it had some type a reverse lock-out, I would be very interested. I find the 6th gear & reverse gate to be a very bad design - easy to slip into reverse trying to hit 6th.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
A little too much side pressure to the right coming out of 5th and you hit the reverse gate. I never go into reverse, but you get the nasty grinding noise.
hmm once did that going the other way 6th 5th 4th 3rd at a toll when the jk was new.......never happened again.

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Love the short throw i put on my rally cross prepped WRX so I will probably have to have this.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
If it had some type a reverse lock-out, I would be very interested. I find the 6th gear & reverse gate to be a very bad design - easy to slip into reverse trying to hit 6th.

Easy to hit reverse going to 6th? :thinking: I don't even know how anyone could do that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Try going to 6th from any gear other than 5th... it's a bitch... lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

aermid

What I didn't get is that it looks like the shifter fits over that so the distance remains the same. Why not just say that instead of stopping with "you missed the point".

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Evil

What I didn't get is that it looks like the shifter fits over that so the distance remains the same. Why not just say that instead of stopping with "you missed the point".

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Shifter height remains the same. Throw is shorter. Ill have pics when this is released and available for purchase. :thumb:

Top Bottom