2016 SEMA : Smittybilt Jeep JK Wrangler Safari Hard Top

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I've had a few people ask about this new Smittybilt Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Safari hard top that was originally introduced at the 2015 SEMA show but was released as a new product this year. For all you overlanding types that are dying to make your JK look more like a Land Rover Discovery, this hard top can be had for $2800.

20161106100807-81c443c4-me.jpg

cmireles

Okay, I've had a few people ask about this new Smittybilt Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited Safari hard top that was originally introduced at the 2015 SEMA show but was released as a new product this year. For all you overlanding types that are dying to make your JK look more like a Land Rover Discovery, this hard top can be had for $2800.

20161106100807-81c443c4-me.jpg

lol I take it you're not a fan of the looks? Granted smittybilt does make a lot of less-than-quality parts but the design itself looks pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ju ju mcgoo 65

From what i have read its a direct bolt on for their defender roof rack but i think they could've at least matched the hardtop:thumb:

jscherb

What's up with those silver screws above the upper windows? And shouldn't they have seals like the side windows?

If you're asking about seals on the "Alpine windows" in the roof, those windows are bonded in place (glued), just like the factory hardtop side windows and the windshield.

The bad news is that the Alpine windows are plastic (not sure what variant of plastic they are), which means they're subject to UV degradation and clouding, just like the plastic headlight covers on so many cars that you see clouding up with age.

Top Bottom