Poison spyder crushers

Chris Wulforst

Hey, I just ordered my poison spyder crusher flares and I wanted to know if anybody had any tips on how to install them or if anybody ran into any issues while installing them. I heard there nutsert tool is REALLY bad, so I'll probably just pick up one from harborfreight. Any information helps and I really appreciate it. Thanks!

mastrcruse

I really like mine. Not sure what there is to hate about them so interested in what that was. I like em' but had someone else install them and that might be some of the "bad" with these. They are sturdy as hell and I have bashed the jeep hard up against rocks and trees...and no body creases. I was worried about that from stories, however, never had an issue since they aren't mounted only to the sheet metal.

We installed a buddy of mines and the nutsert that comes with them is bad. Harbor freight or other tool places have a much nicer nutsert tool....good investment!

image.jpg

Renzo1200

Get a decent nursert tool. I bought one off Amazon for $60 and makes the install a breeze. Just make sure the nutsert is completely flush against the sheet metal before you press them in. Also buy a compact ratchet.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tgoss

Installed a few sets. They are a cake walk. Just get a decent nutsert tool with the correct mandrels and take your time.

jmatta33

Nutsert tool is a must. Step bit is a must (standard bits suck). An extra set of hands or some good clamps to keep the fenders in place while drilling the holes. They were a huge pain to do alone, but I imagine with a second set of hands it would be much easier...

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Nutsert tool is a must. Step bit is a must (standard bits suck). An extra set of hands or some good clamps to keep the fenders in place while drilling the holes. They were a huge pain to do alone, but I imagine with a second set of hands it would be much easier...

You better have the steadiest hands ever if you're playing with a step bit on the Jeep's sheetmetal. lol

jmatta33

You better have the steadiest hands ever if you're playing with a step bit on the Jeep's sheetmetal. lol

Or you get the long narrow step bit and tape off at the correct size you need. Pretty sure Eddie and a couple other folks recommended this method to me when I asked the same question years ago... I had zero issues using this method but I also don't have Parkinson's :idontknow:

My front aluminum Crushers were a breeze to install and fit great...have't done the rears yet, due to a bout with laziness...

I'll probably just spend the extra $60 and get a good nutzert tool when I get ready to put the rears on...

Just follow the directions. Read them twice before you start!!

20161008_110654.jpg

allwhitejeeps

Tightening the bolts were the hardest part for me. especially if you are continuously taking them off and on to make adjustments if you wanted them to be aligned perfect like me. In my opinion they are a great product and definetely look the best compared to others.

SPOOOBY

Great product ive had 2 sets, install is straight foreword,easy with 2 people, will have take a full day to do it right

If your not living and having fun,your dead already

I recall it being tedious with all the test mounting and unmounting. And I didn't have a right angle drill so I left out a couple bolts on the rear inner braces.

SPOOOBY

It is kinda tedious,if you do it more than once it gets easier,its my third time

If your not living and having fun,your dead already

Top Bottom