Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poison spyder crushers

Fresh Catch

Poison spyder crushers

Hey, I just ordered my poison spyder crusher flares and I wanted to know if anybody had any tips on how to install them or if anybody ran into any issues while installing them. I heard there nutsert tool is REALLY bad, so I'll probably just pick up one from harborfreight. Any information helps and I really appreciate it. Thanks!

I had them on one of my Jeeps a few years back. I absolutely hated them. There are so many other alternatives that are much cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Sent while I sit on my couch

Knows a Thing or Two
    I really like mine. Not sure what there is to hate about them so interested in what that was. I like em' but had someone else install them and that might be some of the "bad" with these. They are sturdy as hell and I have bashed the jeep hard up against rocks and trees...and no body creases. I was worried about that from stories, however, never had an issue since they aren't mounted only to the sheet metal.

We installed a buddy of mines and the nutsert that comes with them is bad. Harbor freight or other tool places have a much nicer nutsert tool....good investment!

image.jpg

Fresh Catch
    Thanks a lot. And the jeep looks good!

Get a decent nursert tool. I bought one off Amazon for $60 and makes the install a breeze. Just make sure the nutsert is completely flush against the sheet metal before you press them in. Also buy a compact ratchet.

Installed a few sets. They are a cake walk. Just get a decent nutsert tool with the correct mandrels and take your time.

Nutsert tool is a must. Step bit is a must (standard bits suck). An extra set of hands or some good clamps to keep the fenders in place while drilling the holes. They were a huge pain to do alone, but I imagine with a second set of hands it would be much easier...

Quote Originally Posted by jmatta33 View Post
    Nutsert tool is a must. Step bit is a must (standard bits suck). An extra set of hands or some good clamps to keep the fenders in place while drilling the holes. They were a huge pain to do alone, but I imagine with a second set of hands it would be much easier...
    You better have the steadiest hands ever if you're playing with a step bit on the Jeep's sheetmetal. lol

Knows a Thing or Two Journeyman's Avatar
    I used the nutsert they provided and didn't have a problem. But did use some grease on it to keep things from binding up.

Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    You better have the steadiest hands ever if you're playing with a step bit on the Jeep's sheetmetal. lol
    Or you get the long narrow step bit and tape off at the correct size you need. Pretty sure Eddie and a couple other folks recommended this method to me when I asked the same question years ago... I had zero issues using this method but I also don't have Parkinson's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast