2018 JL & Wrangler Pickup rendering

Here are some renderings from Road & Track of the 2018 JL Wrangler and Wrangler pickup truck. What do you think? I like the removable panel setup they have on the pickup, similar to the MySky roof on the Renegade!

20170201123847-6d2f0307.jpg

20170201123846-843c125a.jpg

20170201123844-aaa42f7c.jpg

20170201123846-8cf83c44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

LurancJK

I like those alot. Look better than a stock jk for sure. Only thing i find wierd its the c pillar on the JLU, i feel like it might look funny with the doors and top off

kyle521

What I personally dont like about the current pickup conversions, and this rendering of the truck are the rear doors. They should be squared off instead of chopped like they are going around a tire. For a production vehicle, the rear doors should be different.

If I ever did convert a 4 door truck, I would want to combine the rear portion of the front doors into the rear door so its squared off and will look much better, and allow for getting in and out of the rear a lot easier.

JAGS

Hooked
What I personally dont like about the current pickup conversions, and this rendering of the truck are the rear doors. They should be squared off instead of chopped like they are going around a tire. For a production vehicle, the rear doors should be different.

If I ever did convert a 4 door truck, I would want to combine the rear portion of the front doors into the rear door so its squared off and will look much better, and allow for getting in and out of the rear a lot easier.

I see what you are saying, but given the wheelbase I don't see how they can make that happen.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Looks like four freedom panels on the blue jeep (or two that go all the way across). The blinkers in the fenders may cause fits but Jeepers are a resourceful crowd so we will likely make our own holes in the grill.

I'm definitely interested to see how the C-Pillar looks without the top and doors, and how the rear portion of the sport bar is set up. I like the truck but the rear seat looks damn near vertical with so little cab behind it.

The other two are still a little too much JK for me considering it is a "new" model. I don't hate these renderings at all. I'm just not sure they are different enough to get me to considering trading up.

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
I can't wait for all the "the JK was the last real jeep/the JL isn't a real jeep" comments.

Lol.

Looks like four freedom panels on the blue jeep (or two that go all the way across). The blinkers in the fenders may cause fits but Jeepers are a resourceful crowd so we will likely make our own holes in the grill.

I'm definitely interested to see how the C-Pillar looks without the top and doors, and how the rear portion of the sport bar is set up. I like the truck but the rear seat looks damn near vertical with so little cab behind it.

The other two are still a little too much JK for me considering it is a "new" model. I don't hate these renderings at all. I'm just not sure they are different enough to get me to considering trading up.

I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more "different" for the same reasons. The cab certainly looks short on the truck. I shouldn't need to trade anything in, but I'm not sure I'll need to buy a JL to build it up. My JK will be paid off fairly soon and I'm fine wheeling just it.

Ddays

Hooked
I like both, especially the truck. But it doesn't have that "gotta have it" appeal for me. It's not even close to being different enough from the JK for me to consider one. Now as a second vehicle I wouldn't hesitate to get a 2019 model :thumb:

kyle521

I see what you are saying, but given the wheelbase I don't see how they can make that happen.

On this concept not so much, but on bruiser ones or aev I dont see an issue, the cabs are completely squared off
20161101234208-37a48634-me.jpg
aev_brute_doublecab_studio_profile_side.jpg

Last edited:

ljvsnyder

If you watch the animation on the top removal I don't see how the soft top will work. Also I believe they have the hardtop a little off based on the spy photos I have seen. I think we will have a removable part over the drive and passenger area and then the whole rear segment will be removable as one piece not just the rear windows removed. All press indications from FCA are a true three piece removable top. Also the bubble areas seen in their full photos in the removable panels, I believe those to be for the optional for the sky view top, it would retain removable top capability with basically three large skylights. Nice feature for winter wheeling. Good overall mock up with the limited information, but if the JL keep the back corners of the hardtop there I will keep my JK or go for the Jeep truck.

Top Bottom