Well thought it was finally time to make a build thread

2012 Bright White Rubicon
6 Spd
4.10 Gear
Power windows/locks/heat
Leather Seats

Here is when i picked her up

sold by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

Already had this sitting at the house, was too excited and started buying things I didnt really need...also thought I was getting it while it was still warm hence the mirrors, also threw on some hella black magics I had from a previous car

new parts before jeep by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

hella 500 by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

hi-lift by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

shortly after that I ordered the cooltech cb package with the cobra 75 and gatemount, along with a dynomax rockcrawler exhaust...wanted the comp but wasnt sure about inspection laws...pic before install and it starting to rust slightly

dynomax rc by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice!! Congrats on your new Jeep and looking foward to seeing where it goes from here :thumb:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
After going to Rausch Creek for the first time, and again for a "101" class I decided I wanted a snorkel since I was in the water a decent ammount

_DSC1002 by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

_DSC1004 by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

_DSC0812 by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

_DSC0915 by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

_DSC0916 by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

_DSC0993 by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

After this and hitting some stuff, I decided it was finally time for a lift. Went with a 2.5" Teraflex Coil lift with Bilstein 5100 shocks

fresh lift by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

Also added some tuck light headlights, rigid dually on the windsheild, and some much needed stickers

wayalife by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

tl1 by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Finally got tires yesterday after waiting what seemed like forever (tire shop was busy for about a week or so), ended up with Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 35x12.5x17 which I couldnt be happier with also got them for $315 ea installed which i thought was a good deal...just need to figure out what pressure I should run and set the spedo....I think they are at 36 or so right now

nitto 1 by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

nitto 2 by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

nitto 3 by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

nitto 4 by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

nitto 5 by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

nitto work by .:hinrichs:., on Flickr

Now I need to figure out what to do for a tire carrier. Right now I have it in the back which doesnt bother me, but would like to get one ordered asap. I am thinking possibly the genright alum or steel carrier, I would love the evo but dont think I need that at this time. I also read that most dont work with stock wheels like I am running for now.

Any suggestions?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You have your tire pressure set at 36? :eek::eek: That's more then my stockers are at. lol

28 is a better number for those tires. Other then that nice build!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
thanks guys, yeah i thought it was high, just didnt have time last night when i got home to lower it down....thats todays plan along with hopefully cutting the flares and maybe making the front bumper a stubby....if it isnt too cold

GCM 2

Nice!

Your build is moving right along! Good looking jeep and it looks like you're enjoying it too :rock:

FoxC

You have your tire pressure set at 36? :eek::eek: That's more then my stockers are at. lol

28 is a better number for those tires. Other then that nice build!
x2 on 28psi. It seems to be the sweet spot for me as well. The build is looking good!

Prime8

Looking good. As far as bumper advice, I have the EVO rockskins and carrier, and while its awesome, if you don't plan on keeping your jeep forever, it would be better to get a rear bumper and carrier. Poison Spyder makes a really nice one, and so does Schrockworks. Those were the two I was between before going with the EVO.

What is the mount you are using for your highlift? You think that will work with the EVO carrier?

Subscribed!

Check out my build. The Slimer Build Thread.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Looking good. As far as bumper advice, I have the EVO rockskins and carrier, and while its awesome, if you don't plan on keeping your jeep forever, it would be better to get a rear bumper and carrier. Poison Spyder makes a really nice one, and so does Schrockworks. Those were the two I was between before going with the EVO.

What is the mount you are using for your highlift? You think that will work with the EVO carrier?

Subscribed!

Check out my build. The Slimer Build Thread.

I do feel as if I can keep this one for a very long time, I have the rugged ridge mount for the hilift, which just got bent recently so I was planning on removing it anyway. I think I am going to end up getting the genright steel carrier, I like the design of that one and also that you dont need to run corners for it, also I can still mount the hilift to it via tube clamps. The only problem is I would still need to get a bumper however if I ended up getting that carrier.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Not much of an update, but just ordered the Evo front bumper and stinger, vac relocation bracket, and teraflex upper and lower c-guessets....now to wait for everything, hopefully it ships fast

one of my extra cars may be sold this week so I will hopefully be ordering more goodies

plan is after the bumper
- evo sliders
- genright steel tire carrier
-poison spyder or jcroffroad rear bumper
-evo skids
-sport cage

Last edited:

bl17z90

Looking great. Similar to the setup I am going to go with. I need to find soemthing to sell so I can get my tires. :thinking:

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Looking great. Similar to the setup I am going to go with. I need to find soemthing to sell so I can get my tires. :thinking:

Nice looking rig! Got me jealous!:beer:

thanks guys, i have 2 cars up for sale right now that will help fund a lot of parts once they finally sell which will be nice

waiting for my bumper is killing me, seems like its taking forever but i know itll be worth the wait......also really want to order my tire carrier but not sure if i should just wait till its warmer here since I wont be able to paint it...and dont really want to wait a while incase it does take a long time to get lol (genright steel is what ill be getting)

Tackerdown

Banned
Looks good , the only thing I hate about rausch is some of the muck water , dam it clogged up the rad. quick.

C.O.D.

Top Bottom