Coppinger Cove - TN - 11/26/16

thardy

Banned
UPDATE: After speaking more with the folks of The Cove, the part that is being graded will not affect the main portions of the trail. The cave portion will still be accessible! I've also heard that the water level is lower than normal due to the drought, but being that we'd like to tackle the cave portion, 35's are still a must.

A few of us are wanting to hit Coppinger Cove on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, 11/26. If anyone would like to join, let me know.

Due to the main water crossing of this trail, 35s are a must.

We will be meeting at the Loves Truck Stop (address below) at 9:00am and will be wheeling the majority of the day, so be sure to bring lunch/snacks!

260 TVA Road
I-24 Exit 158
Jasper, TN 37347

For anyone coming up 75, that wants to meet up on the way, we will be meeting at the below address at 7:30 am and rolling out rather soon there after.

Walmart - Bartow Marketplace
101 Market Pl Blvd
Cartersville, GA 30121

Going:
1. thardy
2. MattMC
3. Hodsden
4. JSTJPN
5. BroncoRubi
6. whytiptoe

Maybe:

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
I would love to make this but I doubt I slip this one past the wife... Ill let you know.

Aww come on, where's the fun in that! Mine is going to be binge watching some Netflix deal that starts Black Friday. Otherwise I might have an issue too.

Put me down as a possibility.

Hope you can make it! This would be a good one for you!

In.

It was your idea, you better be! ;)

Draconianwinter

How well will a fairly stock set up do there? Never been there so don't know anything about it? I will have the evo leveling kit on my jeep when I get back going to throw it on. And should be getting my rear bumper though it may be after when I get it on

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

thardy

Banned
How family friendly is this place, ok to bring my wife and child? Will we be stopping for lunch?

As far as I know, it's family friendly. I've never personally been. I know the Cave portion, which I would really like to hit, is pretty good crawling and can take a while. We'll be stopping for lunch on the trail at some point. So be sure to pack in.

As long as i can get the day off I'm in

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sweet, I'll put you on the maybes for now. Let me know when you can confirm.

thardy

Banned
Alright guys, might have to change the venue for this ride. The area has had a wild fire and they just got it contained. I have confirmed with the local folks that manage the trail that the trails will be being graded to help aid in extinguishing the fire.

Working now to find out what that consists of to see if it'll still be worth the trip. Will work on other potential venues in the mean time.

Top Bottom