Previous work done on cylinder #4.

10abadilla/jk

I purchased my 2012 jk used with 36000 miles on it here in california. I didn't do much research on it because of the mileage it had and the warranty that still covered it. The other day I downloaded the jeep vehicle owners app. And it shows there was work done on it in Boise but nothing descriptive. So I called the dealership. They told me it had work done on the left side cylinder #4 and the head was replaced back in 2014. Everything seems to drive fine. No obvious issues. I know 2012 had an issue But I don't remember which cylinder it was. Anyways. I was wondering if this is going to be a reoccurring issue. Did they find a permanent solution. Or will I need to replace the head Every time there is a misfire in cylinder #4. I was also wondering of this is a good thing it got done so early or if I should be worried and start looking to trade it in. I have put a lot of money into the jeep and it would suck to start over. But I'd hate to be out on a trail 5 hours from anywhere and have something go wrong. I would love to hear everyone's opinions and thoughts. Thank you all for your time

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I wouldn't worry about a recurring problem with the head. I'll bet Jeep extended the warranty on the head to 150k miles on your JK. My 2012 threw the code before 30k miles and after replacement is still running happily at 60k. There are a few owners who have had to go in a second time, but the number is really small. Enjoy your new ride.:yup:

WJCO

Meme King
And as far as the CAUSE, I have yet to see anything exact, but the closest I've see was that the metal in the valve seats didn't handle engine heat well. I don't think Chrysler has truly announced what the cause is.

10abadilla/jk

I wouldn't worry about a recurring problem with the head. I'll bet Jeep extended the warranty on the head to 150k miles on your JK. My 2012 threw the code before 30k miles and after replacement is still running happily at 60k. There are a few owners who have had to go in a second time, but the number is really small. Enjoy your new ride.:yup:
Awesome I appreciate the help. Thank you.

10abadilla/jk

And as far as the CAUSE, I have yet to see anything exact, but the closest I've see was that the metal in the valve seats didn't handle engine heat well. I don't think Chrysler has truly announced what the cause is.
But did they come up with a true solution? It seems so from those who have had work already done. Including myself. I was just wondering and hoping they didn't do the repair with the same parts. But instead with the updated parts.

Top Bottom