Looking for an exhaust

Hey guys I'm in the market for a new exhaust. I want something that sounds mean but doesn't drone on the highway and isn't going to sound like a high schoolers straight piped truck.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

agiron

I just put on the flow master American thunder, sounds great from idle to about 2500 rpm, then sounds like a wrx to about 4000 rpm, then sounds decent. I'm probably going to install a different system, when I get everything else done.

Learo2000GT

What year jeep? They will sound a bit different. I had a dunomax and it sounded good but ended up getting a magnaflow that dumped after the axel and it sounds good and won't be smashed in the near future.

jeeeep

Hooked
I have the - 2.5" Cat-Back System - DynoMax VT Muffler on my 2010, I like it. It sounds good and opens up nicely when needed, no drone.

I have an Ultra-flow to put on but I'm afraid I may not like the drone. I like how it sounds at idle but I haven't had a chance to ride in a Jeep to see how it is on the freeways and normal driving. I may need to contact DynoMax and see if I can add a bullet like the new QuietCrawler

I use to love the sound of a loud muffer.... OMG I've gotten old :cheesy:

SPOOOBY

I have borla stainless exhaust for rock climbing great clearance and sound, highly recommend

If your not living and having fun,your dead already

RubiJay

I have the - 2.5" Cat-Back System - DynoMax VT Muffler on my 2010, I like it. It sounds good and opens up nicely when needed, no drone.

I have an Ultra-flow to put on but I'm afraid I may not like the drone. I like how it sounds at idle but I haven't had a chance to ride in a Jeep to see how it is on the freeways and normal driving. I may need to contact DynoMax and see if I can add a bullet like the new QuietCrawler

I use to love the sound of a loud muffer.... OMG I've gotten old :cheesy:

Not to hijack, but I've also been thinking about just welding on the ultra-flow and cutting out the factory resonator and muffler. I've heard that it doesn't drone, but it may just be for 6 speeds. I also spoke to Dynomax and they said that you can add on a race bullet to make it a diy quietcrawler, but you'll need some additional tubing in the front from Dynomax.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Any pros and cons with dumping before or after the axle? Besides the whole not getting crushed thing....

The one I posted, tucks up better than the stock can. I had it on a 2 door. It sounded really nice. Not overly loud, with only a tiny bit of drone. I'lll actually be looking at the Quiet Crawler system, when I put one on the JKU.

IMG_1478689405.199094.jpg
IMG_1478689420.141950.jpg

Last edited:

BrowHeezy

It's a V6... don't get an exhaust, they all sound like crap IMO. I have an MBRP Off-road exhaust that is awesome in design and sounds awesome at idle, but when driving it sounds like an annoying V8 wanna be. If I still had my stock exhaust I'd put it back on. I should have spent my money elsewhere.

sblackf1

I have an AFE high-tuck 3" stainless, with the AFE y-pipe for a future long arm. At first it was loud, roared like a V8 launching in first gear. Over the course of a few hundred miles, its a bit quieter. little to no drone on the highway (or I stopped noticing it). Sounds great at idle and when you hammer the throttle. Its my first experience outside of stock exhaust. Its been ~3k miles since I put it on. I still love it and its quiet at cruise control (of course highway + trail grapplers + softtop: quiet is relative... but my family and I can still have a normal volume conversation with back-seat passengers).

WJCO

Meme King
I'm going with that one as well on the WJ. It will be a custom piece together though. I'm mainly doing it for clearance, but I like the sound too. :D

Top Bottom