New Cooper STT PRO's!!!

5280Sapper

got me some new shoes.. had my wheels powder coated and then got some new Cooper STT PRO 315/75R16 from Discount Tire.... they balanced very well and are quiet on the street and highway my ZO6 when it was stock had more road noise then my jeep does.... going wheeling this weekend with the Wounded Wheelers of Colorado I'll have some input on how they do!

Ddays

Hooked
Lookin good! You'll love those Coops. And they wear really well. I've got roughly 20k on mine since Spring and still well over half the tread left. They do get a little louder as they wear but it's a good loud if you know what I mean.

WJCO

Meme King
Nice new tires. You'll love em. This will be my first winter here with them, but so far for all other uses, they've been awesome so far.

5280Sapper

They should do the trick.. I'm from Michigan originally before I retired from FT.Carson.. I'm no stranger to snow!! They should be better then the mini van tires I had stock!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

5280Sapper

Sweet!! Looking real good :thumb:

Slow start still have a ZO6 to part with before I can do big boy jeep things.. I read many reviews including yours and that helped my decision.. I do appreciate how thorough you are with your reviews keep it up for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

desertrunner

just picked up a set of these for my 2dr and man i was amazed at how quiet they are on the highway, significantly more quiet than the duratracs i have on my tacoma :thumb:

bthomas

just picked up a set of these for my 2dr and man i was amazed at how quiet they are on the highway, significantly more quiet than the duratracs i have on my tacoma :thumb:

Are they an E rated size? Just curious how they ride at street pressure on the 2dr. I'm not due for tires yet, but I sure have an eye on a set of these when I'm ready.

desertrunner

Are they an E rated size? Just curious how they ride at street pressure on the 2dr. I'm not due for tires yet, but I sure have an eye on a set of these when I'm ready.

They are the E rated 295/70/17
And they are still at some crazy 45psi that doscount tire set them to I haven't bothered to drop them down yet. They are a bit stiff on a light 2dr some bumps are a bit harsh but again I think it has a lot to do with the psi. Other than that they ride great and ballanced very well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

bthomas

And they are still at some crazy 45psi that doscount tire set them to I haven't bothered to drop them down yet. They are a bit stiff on a light 2dr some bumps are a bit harsh but again I think it has a lot to do with the psi. Other than that they ride great and ballanced very well

Nice to hear, thanks! Sounds like they'll be pretty good at a more appropriate psi.

Clutch

Caught the Bug

Yea, that's way too high. I'd say drop it to 32psi at most.

Sent from my BNTV600 using WAYALIFE mobile app

ELBRAVO

I still have my stock BFG TA Mud-Terrain 265/70R17 and my TPS light is going off. I have them set to 43 psi. I will try to drop them down to 37 to see if it helps. Please let us know how it goes. I am also looking at the 295/70R17E tires. I use my mine as a daily driver in addition to some long excursions to State and Federal Parks throughout Florida and the Everglades.

Last edited:
Top Bottom