Adjustable Front Upper Control Arms Recommendation

blackrubi14

Yup. I personally run stock uppers with my bolt on coilovers and have zero issues. You really only need front lowers and if you have a 2 door rear uppers as well

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Aren't uppers technically what you need to adjust castor?

I already have front lowers, I can get my castor set correctly with the lowers, but my axle isn't centered and my tires rub the frame at full turn. I've been fighting front driveline vibrations since around April.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I already have front lowers, I can get my castor set correctly with the lowers, but my axle isn't centered and my tires rub the frame at full turn. I've been fighting front driveline vibrations since around April.

Your axles off center because you have a lift. You need a raised track bar bracket or an adjustable track bar.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I have an adjustable track bar, my axle is centered side to side, and I can center my axle forward to aft with the lowers, but my castor is off.

Which one is it? Pick a story and stick to it because you said two different things.

blackrubi14

Which one is it? Pick a story and stick to it because you said two different things.

Sorry, let me start over, hell, I kinda confused myself, haha.

I started with some stupid relocation brackets, dumb, I know. I put an aftermarket front drive shaft in, replaced the brackets with adjustable lowers and had a vibration, I can get my castor set with lowers but it moves my axle aft. So, I thought that uppers are technically what you need to adjust castor. I'm sure I'm not doing something correctly, just not sure what it is.....

WJCO

Meme King
How high is your lift?

Your track bar centers your axle side to side which sounds like is not the issue you're having.

As far as your axle being centered in the wheel well, this is obtained with lower arms. A lot of kits supply longer lower arms and you just re-use your OEM uppers. However, if you can't get your caster ideal, you may need upper adjustables.

Where is the tire rubbing? Is this possibility a backspacing issue with the wheels? You also could adjust the steering stops. It will shrink your turning radius but may cause the tires not to rub.

blackrubi14

How high is your lift?

Your track bar centers your axle side to side which sounds like is not the issue you're having.

As far as your axle being centered in the wheel well, this is obtained with lower arms. A lot of kits supply longer lower arms and you just re-use your OEM uppers. However, if you can't get your caster ideal, you may need upper adjustables.

Where is the tire rubbing? Is this possibility a backspacing issue with the wheels? You also could adjust the steering stops. It will shrink your turning radius but may cause the tires not to rub.

3", tires were rubbing on the frame, aft of the front tires.

WJCO

Meme King
3", tires were rubbing on the frame, aft of the front tires.

What kind of wheels? What size tires?

EDIT: Just looked at your profile. What backspacing did you get with those wheels? That may be your issue. Also are you rubbing on both sides of the vehicle?

Last edited:

blackrubi14

What kind of wheels? What size tires?

EDIT: Just looked at your profile. What backspacing did you get with those wheels? That may be your issue. Also are you rubbing on both sides of the vehicle?

I'm not sure on the backspacing and I can't find my receipt, but I think it's 4.5. When the tires were rubbing, they were rubbing on both sides. I just picked up my driveshaft from the shop, I had them check it for balance to rule that out, they said it was just ever so slightly out of balance but he didn't think it would cause a vibration. Anything is possible tho.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm not sure on the backspacing and I can't find my receipt, but I think it's 4.5. When the tires were rubbing, they were rubbing on both sides. I just picked up my driveshaft from the shop, I had them check it for balance to rule that out, they said it was just ever so slightly out of balance.

Post some pics of the spots that are rubbing if you don't mind.

Top Bottom