Used JK Maintenance

sparks

Hey all

I'm new here, picked up a 2014 JKU Sahara. I'm reasonably mechanical and was looking for some advice on maintenance items that should be handled around 30k miles. It's a 'stock' daily driver, 90% pavement, 10% construction sites and random unpaved roads I find while cruising around.

I already changed oil and filter because there was no sticker. Air filter and cabin filter too.

Transmission and transfer case?

Differentials?

I imagine I can probably do the whole thing in a long Saturday afternoon. What do you all recommend ? All advice is welcome!

Thanks

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
as a rule, when I buy a used vehicle I change all the fluids no matter that the seller told me.

you never know how it was actually driven so I'd recommend changing all fluids out and you can also check the condition of the ring gears if you pull the covers off the diffs.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
as a rule, when I buy a used vehicle I change all the fluids no matter that the seller told me.

you never know how it was actually driven so I'd recommend changing all fluids out and you can also check the condition of the ring gears if you pull the covers off the diffs.

Solid advice

scull20

Give a quick once over on the Tstat housing and the radiator. Seems like the 14's may be having chronic issues with them experiencing leaks.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
I would do the diffs for sure so you can inspect the gears while you're there. Transfer case is never a bad idea and it's easy to do. Eddie put up great write ups on these. Doubt it will take you a day but it will give you a good baseline to start from.

Top Bottom