Hobart handler 135

Dopey84

Does anyone have any experience with this welder... it seems like a decent deal for 150 but needs a new positive lead any info helps me decide this purchase

Dopey

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
What are you planning on using the machine for? 135 isn't a whole lot of power. If you plan to work with anything structural or on the jeep, you will need a bigger machine. 180 minimum... after that it's pretty much all about duty cycle for a diy/garage guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dopey84

What are you planning on using the machine for? 135 isn't a whole lot of power. If you plan to work with anything structural or on the jeep, you will need a bigger machine. 180 minimum... after that it's pretty much all about duty cycle for a diy/garage guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well I was looking for a welder that would be good enough to weld on rock sliders and have for trail fixes down the road... however more for practice as well as I'm still new to welding...

Dopey

JBMc67

Hobart 135

I have a hobart handler. I forget which one? It's the 240v version. They are made by Miller and Miller parts fit them. $150 is a smoken deal assuming nothing is wrong with it besides the liner....(I'm assuming that's what you meant by positive lead? )

deadguy

As dwiggles said its not enough for structural things but you can do a lot with that little machine. I would get it and practice practice practice.

Sent from my XT1096 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dopey84

I have a hobart handler. I forget which one? It's the 240v version. They are made by Miller and Miller parts fit them. $150 is a smoken deal assuming nothing is wrong with it besides the liner....(I'm assuming that's what you meant by positive lead? )

I don't know anything about welders and the positive lead is what the fellow selling the welder referred to so I'm not sure if the liner is one in the same.. however I did pass on the deal as I'll just save up more to get something I can use on my rig and other structural things that arises

Dopey

Top Bottom